It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
(male)

erfan HB User
Negative Ana

I just found out I have elevated SED (28) and C-REACTIVE PROTEIN (1.75)...but I have a negative ANA...I assume that completely eliminates Lupus...

Other symptoms include psoriasis, joint pain, deep pain in body (hard to explain), loss of appetite, itching, nose bleeds...

Doctor rx is Psoriatic Arthritis.

Alan

Old 11-10-2007, 04:26 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Negative Ana

Hi, Erfan. I just wrote you back on negative ANA & how it's possible in several "subsets" of lupus. (Who knew?!)

Is a skin biopsy done where psoriatic arthritis is a possibility, if for no other reason than to rule out other diseases that DO have definitive tests? If you did have a skin biopsy done, did it include immunofluorescent stain tests? Lupus rashes behave in a very "characteristic" way on these tests: some sort of banding (or something) lights up in a certain way that happens ONLY with a lupus rash, due to the presence of "immune junk" that's pooled beneath the outer layer of your skin. These tests don't reveal what subtype of lupus rash it is (acute vs. subacute cutaneous vs. discoid vs. etc.); but they can show someone has lupus in SOME form.

What about itching? FYI, most lupus rashes do NOT itch, with the exception of lupus urticaria (hives) and maybe one form of bullous (blistering) rash.

What about treatment? Have you been given anything? And is sun exposure good or bad for you? (I am hideously photosensitive, which I hate.)

Do you think the shoe fits, meaning are you comfortable with what you've been told? I ask because I've known people who knew they had something in the autoimmune ballpark but had a LOT of trouble getting to something more specific & to much-needed treatment. Lupus, myostis, dermatomyositis, polymyositis, psoriatic arthritis, UCTD, MCTD, ETC. were considered; and it drove them batty, having all those possibilities.

I hope you post more when you can. Meanwhile, take good care. Sincerely, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread