It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

dofarrell2337 HB User
Is it lupus?

Hi- I'm new to this site and am hoping that maybe some of you can give me your take on this.

For the longest time I just feel like something just isn't right. Symptoms: Exhaustion, depression, anxiety, memory loss, essential tremors, TMJ and sore joints in right hand and knee, abdominal pain for no apparent reason, iritis (2002), episcleritis (present), swollen glands. I have had mouth ulcers that no one could figure out and my hair has been falling out more than usual.

My mother has psoriatic arthritis. I also have PCOS. Until about 6 months ago I was an active runner and since that time I just can't seem to get back into the groove -- and if I do work out I am so exhausted for 2 days that it's almost not worth it.

Can it be lupus with the symptoms described above? My ANA came back negative today, but I feel like it's lupus. I'm not sure my doc wants to go further with it and I want to know for sure. I'm tired of thinking it's just stress or worse, "all in my head."

Help!
Denise

Last edited by dofarrell2337; 11-12-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
(female)

mysobriquet HB User
Re: Is it lupus?

Hi, it can take years to get an accurate diagnosis. I think the only reason they offered up mine was the family history. My mother has it and her
mother died from it in the 50's.

If I could do it over, I'd worry less about the name and more about taking care of myself to the best of my ability and trying to prevent symptoms. Even today, I sat in the sun w/a colleague... I don't know why... I knew I shouldn't... I didn't want to... but I was afraid to speak up... I am still making those poor decisions.

I'm not at all saying that you resemble anything above... I'm just speaking from my experience. The name and official diagnosis didn't mean anything to me except that I can't get insurance now... so that's awesome.

Good luck, there's nothing I hate more in this life than what I call the "medical merry go round"... doctor after doctor who know that something isn't right but can't pinpoint it exactly... ugh.

Be well and I hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread