It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User
Question is this it??

im in a mess. im awaiting an appointment with hematology as my lymphocyte count is dropping further and further down. i have depresion and anxiety and am prone anyway to feel muscles ache the odd time,but for a good while now, i mean months i have felt waves of nausea that were unrelated to mood. it was made worse by it though. im also extremly fatagued, i can sleep for most of the day and night and still be tired, i tried changing routines and everything but cant-i physically cant stay awake.

now for the past week or maybe 2, ive had constant nausea, under my throat feel like theres swollen saliva glands, its right under my chin, its not sore it just makes me feel sick as my tongue is being pushed up or something. yet when i talk my mouth is dry and my eyes are dry now too. ive had stomach pain also, its strange, it subsides but if i suck in or am pressed its a bit tender and i feel sick also.

the worst is my aching muscles, this last while ive been left barley able to walk, it can wax and wane but is always there. its very painful, i become stiff soon and my joints have sharp shooting pains. my back and neck feels like i carried a huge weight or have slept all wrong for years. the pains get worse in the cold or wet weather. my limbs are tender-if i press its like ive been punched only no bruising. i feel heavy at times too-typing even this can be hard, i feel like i could be just lie down forever.

ive noticed also when sitting or just in general my hands and feet are freezing, like ice. i sat in work the other day with my feet on a heater but it didnt warm me up much. sometimes the rest of me is ok but my hands and feet are cold. i notice im sensitive to temperature these days.

i sleep constantly and at times feel about to collapse. yet i wake up in the night sometimes with dry eyes and mouth and feeling stuffy but dry at the same time. last night it happened and i was aching all over and tried to walk but my feet are sore to even stand on.

my GP gave me some anti sickness tablets for nausea, it subsided slightly but i still feel my throat funny and my stomach is still playing up.

ive been searching all over and wondered if it could be Lupus?? it said major symptoms can be severe tiredness and muscles/joint pain. its ruining my life right now-i already have mental health problems, i may have failed UNI because of this and if im kicked out i cannot work-i worked a 4 hour shift yesterday i thought i was going to die by the end i was so stiff and sore i was in a ,ot of pain.

please help-any ideas??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2007, 02:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: is this it??

Hi. Have you seen the "sticky posts" at the top of the thread list? They're permanent informational posts. One lists the criteria for diagnosing systemic lupus. You must meet at least 4 to support a Dx of SLE, but not necessarily all at once. Another discusses antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), a clotting disorder seen in lupus or occuring "standalone". The third, on TEST RESULTS, has a resource in it; when you access it, you'll find info on the specialized tests run where lupus is a possibility.

The stinker is that there is no one definitive test for lupus. Dx is made by a combination of clinical symptoms and test results.

Confusingly, there are other conditions that bring on many of the same symptoms, so drs. must consider "close cousins" and rule out sometimes many other possibilities. But when you mention dry eyes and mouth, it made me think of something called Sjogren's syndrome. Also, certain drugs can bring on a lupus-like condition (called DILE, drug-induced lupus erythematosus). Do you take any meds now? Make sure you take them with you (if any), to your appt.

I'm only a patient (obviously), but I hope this gives you some reading ideas, before you see the hematologist. There are also several excellent rheumie/authors: in the U.S., Dr. Daniel Wallace or Dr. Robert Lahita; in Europe, Dr. Graham Hughes.

I hope you keep posting and that you have a really useful appointment. Sending you my best wishes, Vee

Closed Thread