It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
(female)

shgrbkr HB User
Lupus Pain

I have a friend who is dating a woman who claims to have lupus. I believe she is lying to make my friend think she

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
(female)

selfdiagnosed HB User
Re: Lupus Pain

Someone with lupus can be in a lot of pain. Please think before you deem someone a liar - it's just not fair or polite.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ErinS64 HB User

I truly hope you never have a disease that causes you so much pain you arent sure you can get out of bed. Pain so bad it actually wakes you from your sleep. A disease that can rob you of the joys of simple fun things you use to be able to do like hang out at the beach or go swimming in your mom's pool in the yard at her weekly pool parties.

And if you by some unfortunate twist of fate end up with that disease, I hope no one calls you a liar or tries to convince someone you care about that you are a liar trying to get attention.

Erin
Dallas TX

Old 11-17-2007, 03:12 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

In most people, lupus creates few or no visible signs. What can it cause? In almost all, constitutional problems like pain and fatigue. And in some, life-threatening internal problems in major organ systems. Bottom line? You couldn't possibly know someone has lupus without having access to confidential medical records, which I assume you do not. Go to your library and find a book on the subject. You will be shocked---and perhaps will then understand why your willingness to assume stuns people who know what it's like to struggle with this incurable disease. Vee

Old 11-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Unhappy Re: Lupus Pain

you should be ashamed of yourself. What grounds do have for calling this person a liar. I dont claim to have lupus, I fall within the undiagnosed band, between Lupus, MS, and even Lymes. I do know one thing though, it is an extremly debilitating life changing disease, not always visible to the naked eye, and therefore I guess people like yourself who are obviously ignorant make quick assumptions based only on what they see. I suggest you make the same amount of effort as you have done, writing on this board, and go research the subject. Then, and only then you me be partly qualified to comment.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #6
(female)

wen10 HB User

I agree with the previous posts, what an insult to this lady aswell as fellow sufferers. Good god, im assuming you are very young and immature!!! I dont believe in my heart any one would pretend to have this disease, if you had it you would understand that! I am not a rude person but you have offended me by your post, perhaps it's a joke, i dont know but if it is no one is laughing.
wen.

Last edited by wen10; 11-17-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Closed Thread