It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
(female)

2008 HB User
lupus and sore scalp really painful please help asap

hi, i was just wondering if anyone with lupus ever experianced a really sore scalp i cant seem to link it with anything else it comes and goes some days i wont feel it other days it brings me to tears more when i have to brush my hair. has anyone ever had this, can i do anything to stop it or help with the pain???? please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: lupus and sore scalp really painful please help asap

Hi. Does this like pressure? That sounds odd, but I get pressure headaches from certain sunglasses, tight hat bands, etc.

Or does it feel like something going on with the skin on your head? Have you had someone inspect your scalp, in that you can't see it very well yourself? To look for lesions, bumps, etc.? Could you have discoid lesions?

When my scalp felt off, from what felt like skin irritability, I used a special shampoo (Lupicare), and it helped some.

Or does this feel like something altogether different?

Have you talked about this with your dr.?

Wish I had more to offer. With best wishes, from Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
(female)

2008 HB User

It doesn't feel like any of that, i genrally get it at the end of a day and then in the morning it wont be as bad, it feels like somethings really sharp is cutting through my head evertime i touch it. now i am also having hair loss do you have anything that could help with this??

Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
(female)

cathy4562 HB User

hi all i get sores and headeaces too....

Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #5
(female)

sillygirl HB User

I have a tendency to get small red sores on my scalp, and at times my scalp feels like it is burning (like it is suburnt!) even though I haven't been in the sun. That feeling will last for entire days on end, and then suddenly go away.

I also have experienced hair loss from Lupus, although it appears to be subsiding. My rheum. has put me in contact with a dermatologist in the area who deals a lot with autoimmune diseases and the skin, and I still need to get into her to see what she says.

But it is most likely a symptom of Lupus. I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose you, but it seems to be a somewhat common symptom.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
(female)

teddyjane HB User

Oh this is a really annoying symptom isn't it! I have the same scalp pain/tenderness off and on...brushing my hair can be just excruciating...you need to know this is normal, it is possible that you may have developed fibromyalgia with your lupus which is v common and also causes this type of pain...I find that often my teeth get very sensitive when my scalp does, brushing them hurts sometimes too.
Know it will pass and that it's v doubtful that anything is seriously wrong...i find stress makes this worse so meditation can sometimes help. SOmetimes it's less painful in the shower for me s I comb my hair out there instead of brushing and sometimes brushing it more often makes it less painful. Hang in there...there are some meds that can help the general pain like antidepressants and nerve meds...but it will pass. Sorry you have to deal with this!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
(female)

AngieE HB User

With lupus I am used to feeling like a complete hypochondriac. There is always something wrong happening in my body. I have noticed this sore and tender scalp for a few weeks, and am relieved to know that I am not the only one with this. There is no visible inflamation or reash...it just feels sore...
Have you found anything that helps?
AngieE

Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
(female)

2008 HB User

no i haven't found anything that helps and i feel the same as you do i have recently been diagnosed with lupus and every little thing that goes on in my body i wonder what it is!!! (i think my rhumy is a lil sick of me)

Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Smile Re: lupus and sore scalp really painful please help asap

Hi there 2008,

It sounds to me - not a diagnoses, just a thought - like a neuralgia type pain. I get this a lot in my face especially and it extends at times to my scalp. I also get - as at the moment - tiny sores on my scalp.

Whatever you do make sure all your hairdressing implements are clean, not being offensive with this, but don't share with anyone. Even so though we may be the only one to use our combs, brushes but they still need to be cleaned thoroughly regularly to make sure they are hygienic.

Always too make sure the hairdresser - if you visit one - uses clean implements when doing your hair.

Use gentle baby shampoo and don't wash you hair as much when you have problems.

Only a few ideas, not in a medical way but from someone who has had SLE for lots and lots of years.

Take care.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 05-06-2008 at 06:16 AM.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #10
(female)

ACOhio HB User

Ditto here. it is very painful and quite annoying. Sometimes i have hair loss sometimes not. But rheumy told me that unfortunately part of Lu. So what else is new?? HAHA. But when I start I losing my hair I don't know if this actually helps or it is just a "mental" help for me I get my hair cut shorter and then when I see the drain or my brush it doesn't "appear" to be so much lossed.
Also need to ask if anyone gets hard very tender bony lumps or areas where it appears as if skull is shifting? Affects like wearing hats and sunglasses.
They are shifting areas. Aren't permanent but about every month or so for a week or two then go away for awhile. Had an older friend with this & her Rheumy gave it a name which I can't remember. And unfortunately we lost her about 5 years ago. So I was just curious if any one else had these?
Maybe I'll make a post of it.

Good luck, & take care
Alyson

P.S. my rheumy told me be like me & don't comb your hair if it hurts. Then she laughed.

Last edited by ACOhio; 05-21-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Closed Thread