It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

sallie46 HB User
Lupus markers

also wanted to ask if these test i had done are all the markers for lupus..
sm antibody is very high it is 7.6 pos. suppose to be <1.0 neg, and other results are- ptt la 64H, Hexagonal Positive, anachoice positive, and ana pattren speckled antinuclear 1:40 and something about my blood clotting.

Thank You and God Bless

Old 04-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Lupus markers

Hi, Sallie. There are three "sticky posts" (permanent info posts) at the top of the thread list. One contains the ACR criteria for classifying lupus, but these are pretty much used for Dx'ing it, too.

These criteria are varied because the disease itself is so varied. Meeting at least 4 of the 11 (not necessarily all at once) usually creates a Dx of systemic lupus (SLE). Anti-Sm antibody is considered a marker and fulfills one criteria; ditto with positive ANA, which is listed separately. Next, drs. would probably look closely for *other* specific symptoms, problems & test results from that same list.

Are you seeing a rheumatologist? They're the ones best versed in lupus.

The "something about blood clotting" you mention may be an antiphospholipid antibodies or anticardiolipin test. Both tests have to do with a clotting disorder called antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). It's seen "standalone" and also in conjunction with lupus. There's a separate "sticky post" on it, too.

Thorough rheumies take a *lifetime* medical history. FYI, there are actually many other things commonly seen in lupus that don't appear on the ACR list, only because they aren't as "diagnostic", if you know what I mean.

I hope your doctor(s) & you keep working at sorting things out. While I hope you don't have lupus &/or APS, if you DO turn out to have either, please know that many people can do pretty well, with the right help and regular follow-ups. So just hang in there, OK? I hope you keep posting here. Bye, with best wishes, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
(female)

sallie46 HB User

hi thanks for responding. does anyone know if this is pretty much lupus with these results? i do ot see a rumi until june 6

Old 05-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
(female)

realisticchic HB User

Like Veej said, the ana result (mine was also 1:40 speckled positive when dxd) and definitely the SM are important markers for Lupus. I'm not familiar with the ptt la result, so sorry I can't answer about that one. Are you having a lot of symptoms too? Understand that this is only personal opinion and not medical advice-I'm only a patient, I think your tests do point to you having Lupus, and it is a good thing you are seeing a rheumatologist. This Dr. should be able to do further testing and sort this all out for you for sure. Like Veej said though, a lot of people have one or both (aps or lupus) and do really well with treatment.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
(female)

sallie46 HB User

Thank you all for responding it really helps to know that I am not alone and talk to other people going threw the same thing.

Sallie

Closed Thread