It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Bruising

after being incredibly ill for two months, I have or am recovering from what felt like a hell hole.
The weather last week here was lovely and because of my will to get back to normal, I decided to get the shears out and cut the garden hedge. I didn't care for my lack of strength, my shear determination made me do it. Whilst I was cutting away, my arms hurt so badly I brought tears to me, but I carried on. Please bear in mind I am not trying to be a martyr here, I just love the feeling of being well again and wanted to capitalise on it.
Once the job was done I was fit for nothing, but the hedge looked fabulous and I was well pleased. That night my wrists seized up and my left wrist in particular was bad. I couldnt rotate it for the pain and my arms just ached terribly. I noticed I couldnt even touch my upper arm for the pain. A day letter I noticed a bruise forming on my upper arm. It from the top of my arm to my elbow and its comletely black and blue, all this from cutting the hedge. Is this something that other people with Lupus have endured, because I seem to bruise VERY easily, but I am shocked at the size and length of this this bruise all because I cut a hedge....

Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

Bryansmom HB User
Re: Bruising

Topsy-
Are you on NSAIDS for your lupus? If so, i've had trouble with them causing easy bruising. Your dr might be interested, though, to hear about the bruising...maybe you need platelet count run. I had a three year bout with thrombocytopenia before I was officially dx'd with SLE. The bruising was unbelievable. Be careful and get yourself checked out.

Take care,
Michelle in CA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread