It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

shaz1961 HB User
i have red hard spots on my feet what are they

i have red hard spots on my feet what are they

Old 07-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Smile Re: i have red hard spots on my feet what are they

Hello there,

You haven't indicated whether the spots are on the soles of your feet or on the top but one thing I thought of was that they could be petechia. Worth looking into I think. Here is some information for you to look at from a patient's pint of view not a medical one of course.

Petechia causes pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. The dots are red because they contain blood that has leaked from tiny blood vessels (capillaries) into the skin. Be careful as this could be an underlying problem that requires medical care.

A common cause of petechia is a low platelet count (thrombocytopenia). Platelets are blood cells that play an important role in blood clotting. Causes of a low platelet count include:

1 Autoimmune disorders, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
2 Viral infections, such as mononucleosis and measles (rubella)
3 Side effect of certain medications, such as chemotherapy drugs
4 Bone marrow disorders, such as leukemia
5 Infection of your bloodstream (septicemia, or "blood poisoning")

The treatment of petechia depends on the underlying cause. If your symptoms persist though and you are worried then I would advise you to see your doctor as soon as you can. Take care.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 07-07-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
(female)

shaz1961 HB User
Re: i have red hard spots on my feet what are they

Thank you for your reply. The red spots are on the top of my toes and under the arch of my foot pin head in size they are hard, and the skin round them starts to peel I have nothing between the toes just on top also the balls of my feet are very painfull to touch and get burning feeling in them all the time. I wear cotton socks and the comfyst shoes I can find any help would be very much appreciated.

regards sharon

Old 07-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
(female)

shaz1961 HB User
Re: i have red hard spots on my feet what are they

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz1961 View Post
Thank you for your reply. The red spots are on the top of my toes and under the arch of my foot pin head in size they are hard, and the skin round them starts to peel I have nothing between the toes just on top also the balls of my feet are very painfull to touch and get burning feeling in them all the time. I wear cotton socks and the comfyst shoes I can find any help would be very much appreciated.

regards sharon

Old 07-11-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Smile Re: i have red hard spots on my feet what are they

Hiya Sharon,

I as wondering if you have perhaps walked on something like stinging nettles ?

Something in the grass in the garden ? I only say this because it is on your feet and nowhere else you say.

One thing I came across which I never even thought about was athletes foot. I have always associated this as being in between the the toes and so on but :

Common signs are cracking, flakey, dry skin. Blisters and scaly red skin are also signs of it.

This bit was interesting to read : If you get a lot of bumps (that kind of look like pimples) on inside of your arch, that is one of the most common places to get athletes foot.

All rashes on the feet are not athletes foot so make sure you see a dermatologist if an over the counter antifungal cream does not seem to clear it away.

My bit here is that using any OTC creams though may have an adverse effect on other meds you are taking, so check with the pharmacist before you buy and use them.

I do hope this helps. Take care.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 07-11-2008 at 04:46 AM.

Closed Thread