It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Found another good book...

I have read all of Veej's recommended books and have found them very helpful, I refer to them all the time. Wanted to tell you about another book I have found to be helpful by Dr. Robert Lahita, it is titled Women and AutoImmune Disease. It is not real technical but does put a lot of things in perspective.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Found another good book...

Glojer, I'm going to the library, to take it for a test drive. How are you doing? I hope you had a good holiday & are feeling stable. All my best, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Found another good book...

Hi veej, I did have a great holiday even if everyone was at my house and I did the cooking. It took me a few days to recuperate. My daughter in law told me about this book, she is having some autoimmune/neurological problems. Docs don't exactly know what yet, but they have ruled out MS which was the leading contender. She presented us with a new grandson on Nov. 7th, and she couldn't have her MRI's until then. Even her doctor was shocked that the MRI was clean, I was just about the only one positive it was not MS. Anyway in her research (she is incredible smart so she researches everything herself) she found this book and recommended it to me.

Reading this book really brought some things into focus for me. It is helping me create that long list of questions for the doc. He must hate it when I get a new book cause I always have a ton of questions for him. I have to say though that is one of the things I like about him, he always takes time to answer all my questions.

I know I have the antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, I test positive for that, but this book cleared up some questions for me and brought up more questions. I like a book that does that.

Take Care and enjoy the reading.
Glojer

Closed Thread