It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
(female)

lennise HB User
need to know if i will get worse

Here is my story i am 25 i was digonose with lupus when i was 24 that was of may 2008.......my problems started with joint pain then hair lost...i must say i never paid any attention to these things i just thouh it was the cold and that i had to much dye in my hair....silly me right.......

my question is i will like to know if i will get worst since i have been diganose and they started me on the medications which is steriods, plaquenil,cellcept and a low dose asprine i have not had any pain at all........

my hair started growing back and i feel great just a little tried now and again........i want to know if i will get worst .......someone please let me know what i should expect......i am very thankful right now but i know there are people out there wondering just like me....... sometime i believe that i am not sick.....

Old 01-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: need to know if i will get worst

Lennise, hi & welcome! I'm obviously just a patient, but I've definitely read that many people with lupus do pretty darned well in this day & age. In the modern age, we can have ongoing regular follow-ups with better doctors, better meds, better tests to monitor us (like ongoing bloodwork & urinalysis), etc. Medical science has come a long way, with many advancements.

Have you gone to your library or bookstore to look for full-length books on the subject? There's one British rheumie/author who's well-known around the world: Dr. Graham Hughes. And American rheumie/authors: Dr. Daniel Wallace, or Dr. Robert Lahita. Why not borrow & browse all 3, if possible?

I hope you keep posting regularly. You'll meet very nice people who've had a wide range of experiences. Post more when you can, OK? With my best wishes to you, Vee
P.S. Great news that you're feeling so much better on your meds! Yay!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread