It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User
Whew!!

I never thought I'd say I am relieve to just have Lupus. I was tested for Leukemia also but thankfully it came back negative. I have Lupus with extreme iron deficiency . That's a tough one to deal with but I feel better emotionally anyway.
I do have a question though. I have been in a great deal of pain through the last month during my diagnosis. The hematologist's attitude is the Rheumatalogist
will handle your pain management. In the meantime do I just suffer?
Thank-you everyone for your continued support.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Whew!!

Sophie, "Whew!" is right! I was glad to see your update.

When do you see your rheumie next? Has he formally delivered a lupus Dx, or were you sent to the hematologist to rule out a problem in that specialty?

If you do have a Dx of lupus, or are the brink of getting one, then the hematologist is no doubt correct in saying that your rheumie will take over from here, as a rheumie typically acts as the lead dr. for a lupus patient.

Are you on any meds at all yet? Lupus meds that suppress autoantibody production help on many fronts, including inflammation that causes pain.

Bye for now, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
(female)

Triciah614 HB User

That's great news Sophie!!! Not that you have lupus, but that you don't have leukemia. I have been thinking of you.

My doctor has me on Meloxicam (like celebrex but more stomach friendly) and plaquenil. I have only been on plaquenil for a week now, but I hear it works wonders when it finally kicks in.

As for the rheumatologist..... I had to go to 3 different rheumies to finally find one who would "listen" and help me. He immediately ordered more tests and put me on plaquenil to try to prevent the lupus from attacking my organs.

Take care,
Tricia

Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

Thanks girls, you both have been great . I thought I had a positive diagnosis. The hematologist told me I do have Lupus but he is sending me to a rheumatologist to treat it. I do not see the rheumie until Feb. 19th. The thing is I have been on celebrex for 4 years and recently stopped taking it. Rheumatologist are so hard to get an appt. with.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:15 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Sophie, I'm sorry you have to wait until 2/19 to see your rheumie. Hopefully with the confirmation part over, you'll soon be prescribed more appropriate drug(s), meaning ones typically used in lupus. In the meantime, are you allowed to take any OTC's like ibuprofen for your pain? You could call & ask. Stay in touch, OK? Thinking of you, Vee

Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

Hey Veej, I have been taking ibuprofen. It help some if the pain is not too bad but on a bad day it doesn't phase it. How are you?

Closed Thread