It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

rainebird HB User
why have i got three numb toes?

why have i got three numb toes? had for about 4weeks now and brusing appearing on tops of feet for no reason!! always over veins!! 2/3 times a week!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
(female)

watoozie HB User
Re: why have i got three numb toes?

This is weird that you would write - I just had a doctors appt Mon - for my toes. I have three toes that are red (sometimes purple) they sort of hurt, but mostly feel like there are needles in them. I have Lupus and Sjogrens. My doctor thinks it all comes back to my immune system. He put me on Norvasc and this is only the 4th day of taking it so I don't know if it will help or not. He said to try to dress really warm (heavy or two pair of socks) when going out. I forgot to ask him about a bruise I've had on my thigh, same place, same size, same color for about 5 months now. He didn't say it was Raynards (sp?) but that is what I was afraid of. Hope you get some answers and let us know what you find out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
(female)

rachelle01 HB User

I also have Lupus/sjogrens and my entire body is numb and I have MS symptoms..my fingers and toes especially, They say its all autoimmune related. Actually, neuropathy and raynauds can be the cause and are quite common with these conditions. I would talk to your doc..not sure if your on plaquenil or not, but you might need something like a DMARD to help.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
(female)

watoozie HB User

I am on Plaquenil - 400mg a day, take Soma for all the muscle spasms I seem to get and now on Norvasc for my purple toes. Only been on Norvasc for a little over a week, so don't know if it really helps or not. I am so sick of being sick!!!!!! My doctor did a blood test for B12 and mine was low, so I received about 7 B12 shots and I do feel better, but I know there is always another flare just around the corner. Hope you get some help for your toes, let me know what they tell you.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
(female)

TisJustMe HB User

Hey Everyone! I sufferred from numbness a long time before I was diagnosed with lupus in 1994. The ends of my fingers and my toes would turn white and have no feeling in them. When I was diagnosed with the lupus, my then rheumatologist told me that the numbness was called Raynauds (sp) phenomenon. None of my common meds made it much better however, when I was pregnant a few years ago I saw another rheumatologist who reccommended I take a low dose aspirin everyday to help. Well......what an amazing result! As long as I keep taking the low dose aspirin, I don't get the numbess anymore! Just thought I'd share this with you guys!
Tis

Old 02-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
(female)

Alexa3 HB User

Hi Tis,

I just joined, and I also have Lupus, Degenerative disc disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue immune deficiency syndrome, Raynaud's, Psoriasis, and arthritis. There are two kinds of Raynaud's, primary and secondary which stems from the lupus or like me it also comes from the work I used to do with vibrating machinery; like leaf blowers, lawn mowers, all kinds of tools. It has gotten pretty bad over the past 2 years, and just eating a bowl of ice cream sets off the raynaud's, all my fingers turn white, numb, and when they wouldn't warm up in a heated blanket I finally had to take a cold bath. It's like having frost bite, painful when starting to warm up, my fingernail beds turning blue, then purplish then flushed as the circulation finally gets going again.

Raynaud's also affects the toes, ears and nose too from what I read.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi, all. When I read this thread, I thought of the contractor who was in my home just last week. He has something called "psoriatic arthritis". One of its hallmarks is something called "sausage" fingers & toes: painful, red, swollen like sausages, etc. He also has a lot of ankle joint degeneration. It looks miserably painful, and he's had a terrible time getting meaningful help for it.

He told me his first few doctors thought he had Raynaud's. But this is a lot worse, due to the degeneration, the pain, etc.

... for what this may be worth to any of you. (Maybe nothing?!) Anyway, best wishes to all of you, Vee

Last edited by VeeJ; 03-01-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 03-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
(female)

claresparkle HB User

I have Sjogren's and also Reynaud Disease. All of my fingers and toes are affected. They turn white and then as they warm up turn deep pink and purple. They feel numb and sore. Sometimes it can take hours for my feet to warm up when I go to bed. I used to only have it in a few fingers and toes but then it spread.

Closed Thread