It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Appt. went good.

Hi Veej and everyone

After reading Niads thread I feel kind of bad posting this, but I had a good visit with my rheumy today. I have been seeing him for about five and a half years now and have had a love hate relationship with him sometimes. Over the years though we have learned to communicate and I really appreciate the way he never rushes me when I am in the treatment room with him That said today I went to get some things about the my antiphospholipid syndrome cleared up.

Veej your advice worked very well. I started off by asking him what he recommends and we went from there. I will be doing the aspirin therapy and adjusting my prednisone. We took care of a few other things and we ended with a subtle joke about their new computer system.

I was sure it was going to be good when he walks in and I said how are you doc and he sat down and started telling me. It was all just a fun talk but it was so much better than the don't know or care who you are, doctors.

By the way Veej my little puppy is sitting in the chair with me while I am posting. I remember you talking about that.

Glojer

Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Appt. went good.

Hi, Glojer. Yay for you! A good appointment & a new regimen is a great start to your "year of you". Will you take less or more Prednisone? Do you have an annual bone density test? (I do---can't hurt.) Take good care, always, Vee

P.S. Your puppy sounds adorable, sticking so close.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi veej I will take less prednisone, at least that is the plan. I take 4mgs a day now and I use to be able to get away with 3mgs. a day. When flaring I up to 5mgs. a day for two weeks. Now I am going to try alternating 3mgs. one day 4mgs the next to see if I can lower again. I don't want to take more than 4mgs a day and lately it seems like that isn't helping as much but of course weather and other things factor in. My goal is to try plaquenil again if the prednisone stops working since my eye problems turned out not to be from the plaquenil. Rheumy is a little hesitant about that now. Yes I do get the bone density every two years. So far so good but the first time it drops below my current level (which I think is just a bit less than perfect , can't remember the numbers) I will be off the prednisone.

Was it you Veej who has the little dog that sits behind them in the chair as you type on the computer? I could be remembering someone else.

Glojer

Old 02-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Glojer, your memory is excellent. Yes, my dog wedges himself BEHIND me when I'm on my PC; also between back of sofa & my back. Great in cold weather. In summer, not so much.

Did you have field vision tests when you took Plaquenil before? Or didn't you take it long at all? I have one every 6 months. No dilation or other drops. You just sit with one eye covered and click a "clicker" whenever you see a flashing light onscreen. Computerized results show pinpoint blind/murky spots.

Weather changes certainly affect me, too. I take extra Advil the day before the weather front (rain, snow, etc.) arrives, then go back to my normal (lower) amount as soon as I can.

Take good care, Glojer. It's always so nice hearing from you. Bye-bye, Vee

Old 02-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Veej I did have the field vision tests done. I hated sitting there with that clicker, I think that is what happen when I failed the test. I think I just fogged out because I was so bored and flunked....giggle! Anyway I went to Wash U. big eye dept. and had these really neat tests done. They put little electrode lines in your lower lid, you do not even feel them, that was amazing and then you look into a lot of different computer like screens around the little room, some with blindfolds on some without. Some have bright lights (my eyes hate those) some you can't blink and others you blink at certain intervals. The best one was just sitting in the dark room with a blindfold on and staring into some screen and that was it. You had no idea what was going on but it sure was relaxing. Anyway my eyes were fine no problem from the plaquenil I just have wierd eyes with very low numbers. I think they have a cumulative number range from 370 to 700 and I was at the very low end at 372 or something like that. That is why I went off plaquenil, visual field test was so bad the opthomologist suggested going off it right away since it would take months to get the Wash U. appt. Now my rheumy is not to thrilled with putting me back on it. So I will work on that, I think it might be more effective than the prednisone eventually. I won't up the dose of prednisone and it seems to have leveled out.

Give that puppy a few hugs from me. We love our little puppy but she is still too much puppy for me right now. She will be two years old in Mar.

Glojer

Closed Thread