It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

megbell29 HB User
Really Nervous

Hi! I am a 29 year old girl with an odd history. I had a Rheumatoid Nodule removed from my elbow at 10 years of age. Since then I have had some joint pain, lots of fatigue, and general weakness. About 5 years ago I presented with Raynouds Syndrome. They checked my ANA's a month ago and they are very high. They suggest I have lupus, RA, Sjogrens or possibly Scleraderma. I have not been to the Rheumatologist yet, I go in three weeks. My mom presented with severe RA two years ago and is on Enbrel. I am very nervous and really just looking for a little peace of mind. Does anybody out there have any to offer? Or possibly any insight into all this? Feeling frightened and overwhelmed.
Meg

Old 02-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
(female)

inap HB User
Re: Really Nervous

HI,
Unfortunatly I cant give you that, but I will be thinking of you. Please let us know that the test results say. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Really Nervous

Meg, hi & welcome. You could find excellent lupus hardcovers in your local library or bookstore. Look for Dr. Daniel Wallace, or for Dr. Robert Lahita, or both! In his lupus hardcover, Dr. Wallace writes a length how these conditions (lupus, RA, Sjogren's, scleroderma, PLUS MORE) are distinguished from one another. Also, how if bloodwork points to more than one, what features/results help narrow a doctor's thinking.

While I'm ONLY a patient, I think I can give you some hope. I also had joint, bone, skin, fatigue, etc. problems dating back to pre-adolescence. Later on: years of anemia, GI & urinary problems, migraines, weight loss, etc. Not until my 40's was I Dx'ed with a form of lupus. Yet I stayed "SUBACUTE", meaning no major organ involvement. And even if you have some "acute" problems, with proper Dx, treatment, and regular followups, you CAN do better.

So my advice is to read. And, of course, keep posting! We're good company, if I do say so myself. I'm glad you found us here. Until later, warm wishes, Vee

Closed Thread