It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

marys1358 HB User
psychologist testing

I was wondering if anyone has had a psychological test before.Because I saw a Neurologist yesterday because of brain fog,confusion ETC..........he suggest seeing the psychologist for testing which he said will take 2 hours.Has anyone else had this test what does it intale?They want to check for depression and anxiety.

Thanks,
Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User
Re: psychologist testing

Anxiety and depression are often typical of Lupus . I didn't have any specific test but I have gone to counseling for anxiety and it really helped me.
Sophie 56

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
(female)

karenboss HB User

I will be anxious to read your post after your dr visit (if I can pay attention...)

good luck - hope the test results give them solid direction for treatment for you

Last edited by karenboss; 02-22-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

newbrunswick45 HB User

If you are seeing a NeuroPsychologist - they do alot more then looking for depression etc. Actually, they help determine subtle changes to the Neurologicial issues like dementia and other types of things. Not suggesting dementia - however with the brain fog - they probably want to ensure that something else is not at work.

I'd rather see a Neuropsychologist any day then a Neuro - they have an extra degree of training in the brain. You know how they say "its all in your head?" - well duh! - everything stems from the head.

Hope it went well.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
(female)

marys1358 HB User

Hi Everyone,

Well my appt. isn't until May at St.Lukes Hospital so I have sometime.I'm hoping someone will cancel and I can get in earlier but i doubt it.But after I see the DR. I will let everyone know the results.Thanks for responding.

Mary

Closed Thread