It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
(female)

tomatojuice HB User
Lupus Remission

Has anyone been in remission from lupus for more than 5 years? My daughter has been in remission for 4 years now. According to the lupus foundation , 5 years is rare. Thank you

Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User
Re: Lupus Remission

That's very encouraging. I feel like I have been in remission for 4 mos. and I really hope it lasts. To feel halfway normal again is so fantastic. I hope I can stay here as long as you have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

Marsha309 HB User

I have been in remission for 10 years, had complete kidney failure, dialysis for 8months in 1999. Having having a small flare now but not too bad. Am working full time again also. Hope that is encouraging to you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatojuice View Post
Has anyone been in remission from lupus for more than 5 years? My daughter has been in remission for 4 years now. According to the lupus foundation , 5 years is rare. Thank you

Old 03-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
(female)

ren772 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatojuice View Post
I never new that thats scary my daughter is 18 ,she has had lupus since she was 7 and has had no symptoms for 1 year we just started slowly stopping meds I hope thats not true hopefully they are wrong and its not gonna come back

Old 03-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
(female)

Cyberbrat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha309 View Post
I have been in remission for 10 years, had complete kidney failure, dialysis for 8months in 1999. Having having a small flare now but not too bad. Am working full time again also. Hope that is encouraging to you all.
That is wonderful news and very inspiring for those of us not in remission yet. Thank you for sharing! I hope your small flare goes away soon.

Jeanie

Old 03-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
(female)

Triciah614 HB User

When I first found out I had lupus, I was telling a friend that I wished that I could talk to someone with lupus to get some of my many questions answered. This friend happened to know somebody with lupus and gave me her phone number.

This lady was diagnosed with lupus when she was 16. Her doctor put her on plaquenil and it took a few years to stabilize her, but she's been in remission somewhere between 20 and 25 years. She's even gone on to have 4 children with no complications and no organ damage. This gave me the encouragement I needed. Hope this helps.

Tricia

Old 03-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
(female)

Marsha309 HB User

I have actually had lupus now for over 20 years. I had a very bad flare at onset, with kidney involvment, fluid in the lungs and heart plus all the joint pain. I was put on monthly cytoxan and large doses of prednisone. After about 2 years I went into remission that lasted for about 8 years. Then I had a very bad flare when my kidneys totally failed and I was on dialysis for 8 months and then by some miracle they started working again, that was in 1999. Had many other symptons then too. Have just recently started having some problems again, not to bad yet, but kidney numbers are back in the 25% range and had some lesions. Still am very lucky to have had all this time in remission. I work full time again also. The kidneys are my main worry, no one knows why they are working. Glad I found this site it has answered a lot of questions for me, if I can help anyone else I would be very glad to.

Marsha

Old 03-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
(female)

appleorchid HB User

HI All.
I am over at the RA chat but thought I would look in on you all because a male friend of mine had Lupus and was cured with Homeopathy. From his story he was bad and organs effected. He said it was rare that men get Lupis. His Dr. was also concerned with his cravings and dreams. If anyone wants me to check into this further let me know. He is in perfect health and I am sure this occurred more than 5 years ago. We haven't been in touch for awhile but I can locate him if needed.
I am controlling My RA without drugs. I was afraid of the placquinel and glad to read that it put someone on this site into long term remission!
Regards to you all and blessing for full recovery.
Sharon

Last edited by appleorchid; 03-24-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 04-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
(male)

moneyman HB User

Yes i would love to here about how this guy sent his lupus into remission with homopath i was just told i have lupus and will be treating it homopath please help.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
(female)

appleorchid HB User

Hi moneyman,
I will try to get in touch with my friend for info about exactly what type of doctor treated him, and see if i can get the name of of the doctor too.
Meanwhile see if you can get a referral to a Homeopath who is also an MD. Try a local health food store who may know a doctor they feel confident to refer you to.
Blessings,
Sharon

Old 04-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #11
(male)

moneyman HB User

Thanks Sharon I will check that out today, I will also be looking to hear from you about the friend. GOD bless you. sean

Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
(female)

appleorchid HB User

Sean,
I am not fond of drugs. But check on website/forums to see if remissions are occurring with medical drugs and length of remissions. Have backup plan and knowledge of drugs used just in case. With rheumatoid arthritis Drugs such as Placquinel and Metatrexate give remissions for 2-3 yrs. and then additional drugs are needed to maintain remissions. See if same hold true for lupus. lupis may be easier to treat... I do not know.
If anyone can answer us it would be appreciated.
If not begin research. Read The Autoimmune Epidemic to get a handle on why the body is going out of control, too. Joel Fuhrman M.D. has book Eat to Live, on foods for healing and health. And look up Leaky Gut to understand antibodies attacking food proteins and causing autoimmune response. I spent 1 1/2 years researching cures and diets and herbs for RA and I am giving you the most direct route to gain some control over your life. When it seems like it is all out of control it is a great feeling to be able to feel in control again.
You may not hear from me for a week or so. Religious Holidays.
Do not Despair. Get in touch with your intuition. Listen to answers that come your way. We are never tested beyond our capabilities and we were never created perfect. Everything we need is provided for us.
For me this is the Hebrew month of Nisson... the month of miracles.
May the miracle you hope for be yours, Blessings,
Sharon

Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
(female)

Jesse88 HB User

My niece has been in remission for about seven years with only occasional joint pain and takes no meds. Doctors shouldn't tell you such negative crap. Even if NO ONE ever went beyond five years remission before, there's absolutely no reason why someone, somewhere couldn't be the first person to break that "rule." And as you can see, there certainly are others who have already passed the five year date. Think positively, help your daughter to eat properly, get enough rest and exercise. All these things will help her (and everyone else, for that matter). Good luck!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #14
(female)

ksc4083 HB User

I have had lupus for 22 years. It took me about 6 years to get things under control with no symptoms or problems so long as I stayed out of the sun. I am just now starting my first flare. It ain't fun! But I have been lucky to not have one before.
Kathy

Old 04-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #15
(female)

appleorchid HB User

Hi Kathy,
Did you get remission with meds or diet. Anything you could share would be helpful.
Sharon

Closed Thread