It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

nausea bagwash HB User
Any ideas for Lupus flareup?

Hi. I've had Lupus since the early 1980s. Flares have come and gone over the years, found giving up work stopped flares. However, I haven't worked for some years now, but am in a long flare up. At our hospital you don't see a consultant any more, you get fobbed off with a nurse and I am getting no help or support. Does anyone have any suggestions for something that would help to suppress the flare up please?

Old 03-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

klbk HB User
Re: Any ideas for Lupus flareup?

What meds are you on? Do you increase prednisone in a flare? If you're on it, what dosage?

I've only been diagnosed for 5 years with few flares, so I don't have a lot of experience.

klbk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I am so sorry to hear you are not well... May I ask you what are your symptoms when flares? What meds are you on?
I am sure you are taking Prednisone as well, does it help you at least when increased?

All the best to you, sweet heart.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
(female)

watoozie HB User

I've had a few mild flares and last summer had a really bad flare. I am on Plaquenil and during the bad flare I took Prednisone for 3 months. It really helped me, I think it is a wonder drug!! Hope someone listens to you soon and you get some help, hang in there!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
(female)

Cyberbrat HB User

Hello,

I have found sun exposure and stress to be the two biggest causes of flare for me. It was surprising how even though I was not 'stressed' I would wake up with rashes and fevers. So it is more how my body reacts to stress more than how I try to talk myself out of it.

Sometimes it helps to keep a journal of symptoms and note other things happening to see if you can find patterns. Please keep working with the medical personnel you have access to and do not give up. You deserve treatment and management of the disease process.

I hope you get to feeling better and find out what helps to minimize your symptoms. It is not an easy task. One medicine that did help suppress my flare was Prednisone but I required 60mg a day. I felt good until I gained 30 pounds, got high blood pressure and glaucoma.

Last edited by Cyberbrat; 03-18-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Meds

Closed Thread