It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

mindy1974 HB User
Help me clam down plz!

Hi guys,
Iím so baffled by the coming and going of symptoms. The thing that is so frustrating is that every time I get a new symptoms I go into a HUGW panic attack. Exemplal: the tips of my fingers on my right hand have become numb. All my blood work has stayed the same so my doctor says its just a flare of neuropathy. But my brain screams ďoh no this is not going to go away, its going to travel all over my body and totally destroy me!Ē now my history has show that I go through new and strange sytoms all the time and sooner or later they pass. I feel normal for a while and then WHAM! New goodies to make me obsess about. To be honest I think the reason I go over the top scared is because I live alone, am not close to my family, and live paycheck to pay check with no savings and no way too take care of myself if I was to get really sick. So maybe its more of my fears of whatís going to happen and not as much as what is really happening. Im sorry to go on and on about this but I really want to hear about how people stay calm when there bodyís go crazy. Thanks so much for reading this.
Derlinda>>>>

Old 03-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Smile Re: Help me clam down plz!

Hiya derlinda, sorry it's late but only just seen your post.

I totally understand how you feel in regard to the panic and worry when something new happens to your body. The fear of the unknown is so very bad at times isn't it ?

I too live alone with no family or anyone I can call on as friends around. People I see maybe once per week for a couple of hours yes, but nobody on a regular basis who would be able to be there for me. I hardly ever go outdoors and find that my mind can really exacerbate problems if I sit and think about things - not only my health problems but all types of emotional problems too. These are my circumstances though and I hope one day to overcome the problems I am having. I will always be alone but I hope to learn to be able to come to terms with it and to work on coming through it. I come here for support about my lupus and also help others here as much as I can. Sharing these fears can lessen their impact on us I think.

Thing is too that when something happens that is new, the more we worry about it the more we panic and then that leads to a full blown fright fest - panicking all day and sometimes all night. I have had it said to be to breathe in and out deeply - the thing is you cannot do anything like this once you are panicking. People are well meaning but I think they have to have gone through something like this to appreciate how another person feels. Not that I would wish this type of thing to happen to anyone, it is horrid. I truly do understand what you mean, because I have gone through it myself.

You know where I am if you need to chat. Take care.

goldenwings

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
Re: Help me clam down plz!

hi d ... i too wonder how i still have any level of sanity left ...
everyday is a new day ... i joke sometimes and go from head to toe to see what is being attacked today ... my mum-in-law made a crack one day when i had no symptoms and she asked if i was sick ...
so here i am on the other side ... i live in a very full house with loads of people and still feel very alone. each new symptom is either mocked or blamed on something else ... can be quite frustrating
New symptoms and weird ones i try deal with but the hospital trips scare me ... i guess i am used to the travelling pains ... also not sure when to panic ... i try ride things for a few days the off to the GP, i have a good relationship with my GP (was responsible for my diagnosis) so i see him in the easier times and when i need to i go to the rheumie (oh how i dread that ... he is good to me as a private patient even waivers the consultation at times) but to be quite frank
i am looking for a rheumie that accepts the use of marijuanna as part of the treatment ... helps me with nausea, migraines, moodiness & also makes me see there is a lighter side ... so i accept the short term memory loss in exchange for the depressed me
PS: keep posting ... you are not alone

Closed Thread