It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

deedecase HB User
Question Help please

I need somne help here. I am 40 years old and I have not been feeling quite right for over two years now.

I have been treated for something called brachial plexitis, to which they say the nerve endings in my shoulder have been eaten away by my immune system and that it would take about two years to heal. It has been two years, no healing.

I have been keeping a diary of the way I have been feeling over the past 8 months and I am beginning to notice a pattern. It starts about three days ahead of time when I begin to get very blurred vision I do wear glasses so at first I just attributed it to over usage, strain. After about three days of this I begin to feel very sore all over, run a slight fever, and then bang, it hits me. I am literally in the bed for a minimum of 48 hours unabl eto do anything. I am so tired I can barely lift my head up off the pillow.

I recently went through one of these episodes two weeks ago and I am still trying to recover as I am still very tired and sore. I have not been diagnosed with lupus but I am curious if this is an area I should be looking into.

I was wondering, I do have a rash across my cheecks and nose that are red, but it is very faint, makeup will cover this, I also attributed this to age and change in skin tone. Does the trademark lupus rash have to be very definate??? Friends notice it when I am not wearing makeup, buyt others who do not know me would probably not think much of it.

I just need some help as to where to go from here. I have had serious mood swings lately and it seems that these episodes are coming more frequently. Can someone please give me some direction as to what to do, who to see, where to go from here?

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
(female)

l5051 HB User
Re: Help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedecase View Post
I need somne help here. I am 40 years old and I have not been feeling quite right for over two years now.

I have been treated for something called brachial plexitis, to which they say the nerve endings in my shoulder have been eaten away by my immune system and that it would take about two years to heal. It has been two years, no healing.

I have been keeping a diary of the way I have been feeling over the past 8 months and I am beginning to notice a pattern. It starts about three days ahead of time when I begin to get very blurred vision I do wear glasses so at first I just attributed it to over usage, strain. After about three days of this I begin to feel very sore all over, run a slight fever, and then bang, it hits me. I am literally in the bed for a minimum of 48 hours unabl eto do anything. I am so tired I can barely lift my head up off the pillow.

I recently went through one of these episodes two weeks ago and I am still trying to recover as I am still very tired and sore. I have not been diagnosed with lupus but I am curious if this is an area I should be looking into.

I was wondering, I do have a rash across my cheecks and nose that are red, but it is very faint, makeup will cover this, I also attributed this to age and change in skin tone. Does the trademark lupus rash have to be very definate??? Friends notice it when I am not wearing makeup, buyt others who do not know me would probably not think much of it.

I just need some help as to where to go from here. I have had serious mood swings lately and it seems that these episodes are coming more frequently. Can someone please give me some direction as to what to do, who to see, where to go from here?

Thank you.
Oh my dear friend, It sounds like lupus...The fatigue,not able to get out of bed for days... the aches & pain, the rash or redding on your face and yes those mood swings... You need to find a good doctor tell him/her 'ALL' of your symptoms, for this is very important. Have you had any blood test done? ANA? Try to rest and get plenty of sleep this does help. Dont' worry, i know easier said than done.Eat Healthy, cut out the red meats & eggs.So many foods that will make the symptoms worse also the worring.Sure hope you feel better real soon.

Closed Thread