It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2001, 05:45 PM   #1

Prayer HB User
Question Bumps on hands

Hi,

I answer questions online for ppl that have questions pertaining to lupus. I have one of my own that I have never seen yet. My daughter had developed irritating, painfull, sorta sharp , raisedbumps on her hands. This led us to a diagnosis. Later rather then sooner. Has anyone experienced any thing like that?? The symptoms for ppl vary so widely, that damn near everything seems related to lupus after awhile. Let me know if anyone has experienced things of this nature Thanks!!

------------------
God Bless Rebecca

Old 07-28-2001, 08:07 PM   #2

Irish HB User
I have never heard of a Lupus patient who had bumps on her hands; however, I have bumps on the bottom of my right foot and it itches so badly. I could scratch it until my foot bleeds. I put Aloe Vera on it every night and rub it into my foot.

I went to a podiatrist and he didn't know as much about feet as I did. He scraped the bottom of my food with a sharp knife-looking thing and it hurt my foot. I never went back.

If I were you I would make an appointment with a good rheumatologist and ask him lots of questions. If he is a good one, he will answer ALL your questions. I have a really good one. I go back for a checkup on August 9th. I always dread it because I hate needles and those blood tests drive me nuts; especially when they take 5 vials out of my arm.

I pray for healing every day--for myself and others. One of my Lupus friends recently had a mastectomy. It really hurt me to see her have to go through that.

Keep your chin up. We can beat this!

Irish

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2001, 02:28 PM   #3

fmk HB User
Question

Hello, what type of bumps are they? I have had bumps on my hands that usually form on my knuckles, but at the right and left laterals of my fingers. They are small bumps (1/8 of an inch in diameter)white in color (sometimes reddish around the circumference) that are tender to the touch, almost sore somehow. They last anywhere from hours to days, and leave no sign behind. I also get big bumps that are more like arthritic inflammations on the top of my hands, which are very painful and look like a golf ball under my skin about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Hello, what type of bumps are they? I have had bumps on my hands that usually form on my knuckles, but at the right and left laterals of my fingers. They are small bumps white in color (sometimes reddish around the perimeter)that are tender to the touch, almost sore somehow. They last anywhere from hours to days, and leave no sign behind. I also get big bumps that are more like arthritic inflammations on the top of my hands, which are very painful and look like a golf ball under my skin about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Old 09-15-2001, 02:28 PM   #4

alirob HB User
Cool

Hiya, Alison here. I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 21 years old (I am now 34). I have recently started to experience small raised bumps on my hands. They are very small but extremely sore. The are slightly raised and seem to have a dot in the middle. They come on quickly but seem to take an age to go.
Can anyone help with what this could be. Any info gratefully received.
May I take this opportunity to send my family's heart felt sympathy to all of the American members on this site.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #5
(female)

careyan40 HB User
Re: Bumps on hands

Hello
I am almost 43 yrs old and get little bumps all over my hands and now my feet also. They are sometimes very painful and extremely itchy and sore to the touch. I have also seen my dr for them and he has done nothing.. This is the worst break out i've ever had.. EXTREMELY ITCHY AND MAKING MY HANDS SWOLLEN BUT NOW SEEM TO BE SPREADING A BIT UP MY ARMS... I HAVE TRIED MANY THINGS, NOTHING WORKS.... NEED RELIEF... ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS.. SOME FORUMS SAY NERVES, OTHERS SAY ALLERGENS,, BUT I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING DIFFERENT AND THIS ONE JUST CAME OUT OF LEFT FIELD. USUALLY I CAN TELL WHEN THEY ARE COMING, BUT NOT THIS TIME, THEY JUST POPPED UP INSTANTLY AND ARE GETTING WORSE.

Closed Thread