It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2002, 11:20 AM   #1

san HB User
Question mouth sores....??

Well, here I am again. I went to the doctor today to ask about the numerous pinpoint red spots I have...he said it is just aging!! Plus, since 2 days ago, I have a blister looking sore in the back of my mouth.. before the tonsil, kinda behind the teeth. It is also pretty red around the area. I am wondering if it would be mouth sore....2nd time I have had this & it REALLY hurts. He said I have pharyngitis & nothing to do but use throat spray. I look up everything on it & don't find where it would include sores (a bit bigger than a canker sore) I asked to him to refer me to a rheumatologist due to my history & positive ana results this past year...plus, I had positive c-reactive protein (whatever that means) He acted mad or something & said he didn't feel we need to waste that time. I asked about having bloodtests ran again & he so no, not for a few more months. I can't just get into any rhem. dr. without referral (insurance). My doctor said I am just dwelling on things too much.!! What a pain. I have had him for like 10 years & always REALLY appreciated him, NOT LATELY!! Any thoughts..thanks

Old 03-08-2002, 07:19 AM   #2

gypsydust1 HB User
Hi,
As someone who has survived Lupus for more than 25 years, I can tell you that your thoughts are probably correct and that blood tests are only a guide not the end all test. In some cases, other concurrent conditions such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can cause the titers to appear about normal when it's at its worst.

Anyway, My suggestion is that you possibly see someone trained in Oriental Medicine or an Alternative/holistic physician. They often times discover things western medicine misses. It's just a thought. Perhaps, it can end your frustration and lead you back on the path to wellness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2002, 12:13 PM   #3

enigma HB User
I've had Lupus for about 25 years and the mouth sores you describe can be treated pretty easily if they are what I have experienced with Lupus.
My Dental Hygenist had me make a solution of 1/2 (4 oz.)Hydrogen Peroxide & (4oz.)1/2 Water. I didn't find it at all palitable, so I added a tsp. Peppermint extract and a few Equal Tablets for flavor. Swish a mouthful around in your mouth and especially over the sores several times a day for at least 30 seconds. Spit it out and repeat this again. You can rinse with water aftewards. This usually clears mine up in less than a week. It does have an after taste, but it's the only thing I've found that actually works and you get releif from the pain quickly too. Good luck. -enigma-

Closed Thread