It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2002, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

RedeemedHeart HB User
Cool Tingling

Hi, My name is Kathy. I am new here.
I have been having lupus type symptoms off and on for about 10 years. I am going to the Sansum Clinic in Santa Barbara Ca on the 23rd of this month for extensive testing. Has anyone been there?
My question is does anyone else with lupus have tingling in any of their limbs? My left arm and foot. Feel like pins and needles. Not constantly but off and on. I know this is a symptom of MS but wondered if it could be a symptom of Lupus also? I have plenty of the other symptoms of lupus.
Fatigue, rash on face, severe joint pain, chronic hives, photosensitivity... It wasn't until recently that I even thought my symptoms might be related to each other. I am hoping to get some answers while in SB. I have been to the Dr. hundreds of times over the last 10 years with individual symptoms that I didn't know could be related. I am tired.
Thanks for your help!
Kathy

Old 04-12-2002, 04:07 PM   #2

tonzie HB User
Hi Kathy, Good luck to you on the 23rd..Will you let us know how things go? I have had lupus for over 15 years and I also have had tingling in my arms, hands, and feet...also in my face..I have no idea if it is a symptom of lupus, but I always just figured it is because I have had so many strange symptoms over the years...I will be thinking of you on the 23rd....

[This message has been edited by tonzie (edited 04-12-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2002, 07:28 PM   #3
(female)

RedeemedHeart HB User
Cool

Actually I am relieved to hear that. I am probably more scared of having MS than anything else. My mother in law has MS and it has been really hard on her.
Thanks for you help. I will post and share my experience with Sansum when I get back home.
Blessings,
Kathy

Old 04-18-2002, 12:15 PM   #4

SusanM HB User
Yes tingling in the hands and feet can be a symptom of lupus. Lupus can cause nervous system symptoms. Tingling in the extremities is a peripheral nervous system symptom. I get it too, but only when on certain meds. It goes away when I stop the meds.

Old 04-20-2002, 07:50 AM   #5
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Talking

You would be surprised at the symptoms we get!

Funny story...
I have Raynaud's (cold hands/feet) which is part of the autoimmune family. The blood vessels in the extremities constrict in cold weather. Well, my nipples started getting REALLY hard to the point where they hurt and wouldn't go down, despite using warm packs. Apparently my boobs are big enough to be considered "extremities".

When you read up on the disease and learn about it - you start to recognize things a little more. I'd tell them absolutely anything/everything - and they will probably ask you anything/everything. Don't worry about sounding nuts - all it can do is help (as long as you don't think you are an alien or something like that - then they'll wheel you off to the padded cell!)

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm considering going thru the same thing at Duke University.

Old 04-20-2002, 07:51 AM   #6
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Talking

You would be surprised at the symptoms we get!

Funny story...
I have Raynaud's (cold hands/feet) which is part of the autoimmune family. The blood vessels in the extremities constrict in cold weather. Well, my nipples started getting REALLY hard to the point where they hurt and wouldn't go down, despite using warm packs. Apparently my boobs are big enough to be considered "extremities". Who woulda thought?

When you read up on the disease and learn about it - you start to recognize things a little more. I'd tell them absolutely anything/everything - and they will probably ask you anything/everything. Don't worry about sounding nuts - all it can do is help (as long as you don't think you are an alien or something like that - then they'll wheel you off to the padded cell!)

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm considering going thru the same thing at Duke University.

Old 04-28-2002, 10:39 AM   #7

chelej1 HB User
Smile

I have numbness and tingling in my hands mostly but also feet and face. Sometimes when Im cold but always when Im around chemicals like bleach petrolium products, perfumes ect..I suspect its nerve damage from the lupus but not sure yet. Im gratefull its not my nipples!_Chele

Closed Thread