It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2002, 07:23 PM   #1

SusanM HB User
Post parenthesia?or what

Anyone diagnosed with lupus or having info please help. I have been troubled by unusual symptoms for years-the most difficult to live with has been an unusual itch or crawling sensation mostly on my face, but also in my ears, nose, eyelids, scalp etc. I used to think it was associated with rash because I have had chronic problems with rash in scalp and on face (last two years) The itching occurrs in spots that have no rash too. The itching it out of proportion to the rash, and at times has been like sheer torture-really! Three months ago I started having the same sensations in all parts of my body. It is a cross between an inch and a buzzing sensation when I feel it elsewhere. It can happen on the top of my foot one minute, and in the middle of my back the next. I thought I was becoming hyperthyroid because I felt these sensation when I had autoimmune thyroiditis two years ago. My thyroid is normal, my ana is climbing. First it was 1:160 then 1:320. Don't know now. I have never meet enough of the symptoms for sle, but my physician began looking for it years ago when I was having tingling in my hands and feet. I recently found out that my mother and sister have sle. I have also been developing small white spots all over my body, and my skin texture is changing in places. I'm wondering if these sensations are neurological. I have read about paresthesia (i misspelled it in topic I'm not the greatest speller)-experienced in MS, SLE, ect. I have seen very little about this on any lupus web. Any info greatly appreciated. Susan

[This message has been edited by SusanM (edited 05-19-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
(female)

sher7777 HB User
Smile Re: parenthesia?or what

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanM View Post
Anyone diagnosed with lupus or having info please help. I have been troubled by unusual symptoms for years-the most difficult to live with has been an unusual itch or crawling sensation mostly on my face, but also in my ears, nose, eyelids, scalp etc. I used to think it was associated with rash because I have had chronic problems with rash in scalp and on face (last two years) The itching occurrs in spots that have no rash too. The itching it out of proportion to the rash, and at times has been like sheer torture-really! Three months ago I started having the same sensations in all parts of my body. It is a cross between an inch and a buzzing sensation when I feel it elsewhere. It can happen on the top of my foot one minute, and in the middle of my back the next. I thought I was becoming hyperthyroid because I felt these sensation when I had autoimmune thyroiditis two years ago. My thyroid is normal, my ana is climbing. First it was 1:160 then 1:320. Don't know now. I have never meet enough of the symptoms for sle, but my physician began looking for it years ago when I was having tingling in my hands and feet. I recently found out that my mother and sister have sle. I have also been developing small white spots all over my body, and my skin texture is changing in places. I'm wondering if these sensations are neurological. I have read about paresthesia (i misspelled it in topic I'm not the greatest speller)-experienced in MS, SLE, ect. I have seen very little about this on any lupus web. Any info greatly appreciated. Susan

Old 05-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
(female)

sher7777 HB User
Smile Re: parenthesia?or what

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanM View Post

Hi Susan, I was searching to find anything about parenthesia, "that buzzing electrical feeling". I usually get in my hands and feet but in the last year, I have now sometimes at the same time all over my body; the most disturbing now is I will feel my brain rocking.. very weird. I have never been diagnosed with lupus but often wondered. I have Raynauds. I went to a holistic doctor about a year ago and he helped me very much with fibromalgia pains... burning flashing pain, sometimes deep in the bone. Now gone. Turns out that was my body did not process minerals correctly. He gave me nutritional supplements and an alkaline diet to follow and that pain is truly gone. I stopped going because he was so expensive. I used to get episodes of attacks. I had one last night. The parenthesis and extreme fatigue. I also have the butterfly rash across the nose; and almost all the symptoms of lupus but still test negative. My thyroid is slightly hypo and I am on .5 synthroid. I do not have the itch thing going on. That sounds like possible terrible allergic reaction to something? Soap, or Laundry soap? That buzzing sensation is really very weird, especially when it happens to my head. Best of luck to you!

Old 05-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
(female)

sher7777 HB User
Re: parenthesia?or what

Hi again, I just remembered something about the itching... If you have liver cancer of severe problems with liver or pancreatic cancer... It can cause terrible itching all the body? Try going to your GI again and get some blood tests done. That kind of itching will drive you crazy just the way you explained; however, I don't know that a rash comes with it?

Closed Thread