It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2002, 12:26 PM   #1

Cleo68 HB User
Post Lupus/myofascial?

Hi all. I recently went to a rheumatologist because I had a flare up of something I had 10 years ago. It started with getting flushed in the face, then my neck muscles were swollen, then the swelling got so bad, I had nerve compression (which made my arms and legs hurt - like little lightning bolts). I had an elevated ANA and the rheumy said he didn't think more testing for lupus was necessary as the symptoms weren't matching up. I had him run them anyway and he said there is nothing in them to indicate I have lupus. He diagnosed me with myofascial pain syndrome. I have an irritable bowel thing going on as well. I went for a second opinion by a well-known rheumatologist and he too said it's not lupus. Part of me is still nervous though because all of these diseases are so much alike.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread