It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2002, 05:51 AM   #1

LEXUSWEGG HB User
Post LUPUS RASH?

WHAT EXACTLY DOES THE "BUTTERFLY RASH" LOOK LIKE? I HAVE THESE PUFFY RED SPOTS THAT HAVE COME UP JUST ABOVE MY CHEEKBONES BELOW MY EYES. THEY RUN UNDER MY EYES JUST ABOUT ALL THE WAY TO MY HAIRLINE. IT DOESN'T HURT OR ITCH, IT'S JUST NOTICABLE. WHEN I LOOK CLOSE AT IT, IT LOOKS LIKE A SUNBURN ONLY I HAVEN'T BEEN OUT IN THE SUN. I'M SUPPOSED TO SEE A RHEUMATOLOGIST IN 2 WEEKS. COULD THIS BE SOMETHING RELATED TO AN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE?

Old 07-01-2002, 06:41 AM   #2
(female)

Starbuk498 HB User
Lexus,

I have Lupus now for 10 years.....the "signature" butterfly rash looks as follows.

If you go in the sun and if you dont put anything on your face at all.....and if you only burn in one place. it's across the bridge of your nose and crom cheek to cheek. It almost looks like you have a red bjore (wrong spelling) strip across your nose.
Thats how it looks for me.

I'm sure that everyone is different, but if I'm in the sun 5 minutes......it seems like that part of my face is the only part that attracts the sun.

Take care and God bless,

Stefanie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2002, 07:23 AM   #3

LEXUSWEGG HB User
NOW THAT YOU'VE MENTIONED THE STRIP ( I THINK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE ACNE STRIP) - THAT IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! THE PATCHES GET REALLY RED WHEN MY FEVER GOES UP AND WHEN I'M TIRED. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO FOR IT? WHEN I PUT MAKE UP OVER IT, YOU CAN STILL SEE THE REDNESS. THANKS FOR REPLYING.

Old 07-01-2002, 12:40 PM   #4
(female)

Starbuk498 HB User
Lexus,

YES! You are so right....makeup doesn't cover it.
No matter what I do, you are able to see this rash. It's like it's immune to makeup.

The products I use, (and God knows I've tried so many) are Prescriptives. I use their comfort cream every day - its a daily moisturizer. I use Prescriptives "Custom Blend" foundation. They sit you down, do an evaluation, ask you personal questions about your skin (your face) and then custom blend foundation to YOUR skin. It was the best thing I ever did. They mix all the ingredients together right in front of you.....and give you a whole big bottle. It was expensive, ($55-) but worth it. I have such wierd skin due to the Lupus and I really wanted to get something made just for MY skin. I also use their conceiler under the foundation - across the rash.

What I do in the morning.....and it works better than anything else I have ever tried is first wash my face, moisturize, put concelier on the zits and marks I want to cover....and I put concelier across my nose to help cover the rash. Then I put the foundation.

All this, I use with the make-up wedges. (I like the non latex because it holds the makeup better in the wedge) And I just blend.

Derma blend is supposed to be very good as well....I havent tried it, but I heard that it covers very well. What shyed me away from it was that it is supposed to be thick. And I really don't want a thick makeup on my face.

I hope this helps.....best of luck and god bless.

Stefanie

Old 07-01-2002, 06:24 PM   #5
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Lightbulb

Lexus,
Have someone take some pics of you with your rash ASAP. If you are like me, it will clear up before your appt and the doctor won't take things as seriously. Pictures don't lie...

Old 07-02-2002, 05:49 AM   #6

LEXUSWEGG HB User
I THINK I WILL. SINCE I HAVE GOTTEN 2 SHOTS OF DECADRON IN THE LAST MONTH, I ACTUALLY FEEL MUCH MUCH BETTER. NOW I'M WORRIED THAT WHEN I GO TO THE RHEUMATOLOGIST IN 2 WEEKS, MY SYMPTOMS WILL BE GONE AND MAYBE THEY WON'T TAKE ME AS SERIOUSLY AS THEY SHOULD. I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE LUPUS OR WHAT, BUT SOMETHING IS GOING ON. IT SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE THINK I AM A HYPOCHONDRIAC NOW BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THESE WEIRD SYMPTOMS. LIKE, THEY WILL SEE ME RUBBING MY LEG OR BACK AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE, "ACHES AND PAINS AGAIN I SEE". IT'S BEEN REALLY HARD THE LAST FEW WEEKS. I AM BEGINNING TO BELIEVE THAT MAYBE I AM TURNING INTO A HYPOCHONDRIAC (I KNOW I DIDN'T SPELL THAT RIGHT) THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!
LEXIE

Closed Thread