It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2002, 11:26 PM   #1

dancerns HB User
Question soft tissue swelling

HI, I am not diagnosed yet but may be getting there.I have developed quite a lump in the bend of my elbow that was sort of fluid like for a few days then turned hard and 6 weeks later is still there!My other elbow now appears to be getting puffy in the bend too.My doctors appts. are never going to get here or so it seems.My whole body gets puffy off and on especially my hands but this bump is different.I would really appreciate hearing from anyone else that has ever had this or knows anything at all as to its reason.Thanks and Take Care,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2002, 07:28 PM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Lightbulb

Dancerns,
Can't say that I've ever heard of anything like that - but that doesn't mean that your symptoms aren't Autoimmune-related. It seems like each one of us has a "customized" version of the disease. We're sort of like snow-flakes - no two are alike... Document as much as possible your symptoms, time-frame, activities that might have aggravated it (like physical exercise) and any illnesses you have had in the past 5 years or so. Any medical records from the past might also show irregularities. Most importantly, be involved.

Keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2002, 12:04 PM   #3

tholavina HB User
You have lymph nodes over almost every inch of your body. Mostly likely your lymph node in your elbow is swollen trying to fight inflammation. Check behind your neck and see if you have any swelling there as well. You don't have to have more than one major node swollen to have inflammation, but chances are you do. Sometimes they are painful, most of the time they aren't. And because your elbow is a joint, you will have joint swelling on top of your lump.

Closed Thread