It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2002, 11:05 AM   #1

LEXUSWEGG HB User
Post LUPUS RASH - LIPS & FOREHEAD?

I DON'T HAVE LONG TO GO BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT WITH THE RHEUMATOLOGIST AND I KEEP HAVING ALL THESE THINGS HAPPEN. DOES ANYONE HAVE A RASH ON THEIR FOREHEAD? I THOUGHT IT WAS ACNE BUT I'M TOO OLD FOR ACNE OR SO I THOUGHT AND I NEVER EVEN HAD ACNE LIKE THIS ON MY FOREHEAD WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER! COULD THIS BE AUTOIMMUNE? ALSO, FOR SEVERAL YEARS, I HAVE HAD THESE LITTLE WHITE BUMPS ON MY TOP LIP, THEY GO ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE BOTTOM OF MY TOP LIP. I NEED SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO COPE WITH ALL THE ANXIETY I AM EXPERIENCING UNTIL MY APPOINTMENT. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2002, 12:12 PM   #2
(female)

Starbuk498 HB User
Lexus,

Yes. I have a rash on my farhead. It actually touches my scalp. It's a round circle and is very red. I often get a lot of kidding around from people who dont know....but they say...."burnt yourself with the curling iron, huh??" I just laugh it off. I really can't do much for it.....

Stefanie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2002, 08:58 PM   #3

tonzie HB User
Hi, I get the rash on my forehead and it also appears on the back of my head and on the back of my neck. I also get the lip bumps you are describing. I dont' get them on the top of my lip, I get them in the corners of my lips and they hurt when I let acidy foods touch my lips.....I use cortisone cream at night on my rash and my lips....Works too!!

Old 07-09-2002, 10:48 AM   #4

tholavina HB User
Lip eruptions of any kind can be lupus related, as well as nose eruptions or eruptions around your nails. I get myserious rashes on my face that look nothing like the butterfly rash. I go to my doctor about them and he calls it acne. I'm not very convinced that as an adult I'm getting acne when all through my childhood and teenagehood I didn't see even one zit. I think this is one of those things doctors discount as "unimportant and irrelevant".

Old 07-09-2002, 11:04 AM   #5

LEXUSWEGG HB User
I GOT THE SAME FEELING WHEN I WENT TO MY REGULAR DOCTOR FOR THE 4TH TIME IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS. HE GLANCED AT IT AND SAID IT LOOKED LIKE THE BEGINNINGS OF ACNE AND IF I WERE A TEENAGER, HE WOULD PRESCRIBE SOME KING OF TOPICAL STUFF, I CAN'T EVEN REMEBER THE NAME. I HOPE THE DOCTOR I GO TO IN A WEEK WILL BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT ALL THE "WEIRD" THINGS I HAVE GOING ON. ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE THINGS LIKE THAT AT THE DOC'S OFFICE?
LEXIE

Old 07-10-2002, 01:16 PM   #6

tholavina HB User
What usually works for me with doctors is to sit there totally straight faced and determined looking and let them know (very calmly) that my insurance is paying their paycheck and they are working for ME, not the other way around. And when there is a new drug I want to try I do research on it and find out what the side effects are, let the doctor that I have done this and (if it's not deadly) tell him that it won't kill me and it might help me and just think...if I'm healthy I won't be bugging you, now will I? That usually gets them in gear. Something else that seems to work...if they say that it's not something to worry about look at them and say "Well, if you don't know just say so, don't feed me this crap." Doctors tend to forget they aren't deity sometimes and need a little reminder.

Closed Thread