It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2002, 02:44 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question Little fevers and lupus

I just wanted to know how many people get (once in a while) little fevers with their lupus? I occasionally get them and I have heard that this is the norm for this disease..... I only get them once in a while....like perhaps once or twice a year.I usually just take it easy just in case I might get a flare up.Also, does anyone ever have a long remission from the lupus? For me there are definite days of stress and I almost always have some kind of stomach ache or something.My friend (who doesn't have lupus) says that it isn't normal for a person to have "loose stools" every day or to have a stomach ache nearly everyday.Is this a flare up or what? Even when I eat "good" food and not junk food I still hurt. I even think that certain vegies really hurt my stomach.I am just curious, because I do not know a lot of lupus patients, and I probably should join some kind of support group to get most of my questions answered...One more thing, when you do get a fever, do you get pain in the limbs at the same time? Thanks, Nightowl2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2002, 08:33 AM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Nightowl,
Low-grade fevers are part of the Lupus life. Many of us Lupies actually have "low" baseline temperatures to begin with. I'm normal at 97.4. My fevers are several times a week, and more often, several times a day. (My face gets really flushed too).

I constantly have joint pain - I also have fibro and RA, so I can't attribute it to the fever or any particular disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2002, 10:07 AM   #3

writingmyway HB User
I get fevers on average twice a week....give or take.
They usually are 100.3....usually no higher.
Good luck
Donna

Old 07-09-2002, 04:03 PM   #4

tholavina HB User
I get low grade fevers whenever I push my body or emotions beyond a certain point. It's aggrivating because my tolerance for things is not near what it was before diagnosis. Having to take it so incredibly slow aggrivates me more and causes worse problems. What I have to remember (and everybody else) that there is not a lot that is 'normal' about a body with lupus in it.
Your stomach trouble can come from the slightest stress, or that there is inflammation due to lupus attacking your gastro-system. My stools never do what they are supposed to do. The slightest amount of stress and my stomach goes crazy and my intestines pay for my stomach's stress. Everything your stomach has it sends on through to the intestines. Your intestines can only take so much acid. You may have some veggie allergies that weren't there before because of your lupus changing body defaults.
My remissions last for years at a time with very small symptoms. (scattered joint pain, fevers, fatigue) and those symptoms show up only when I overdo things or get sunburned.
Keep in mind that a flare is not the same as showing symptoms. Your symptoms may just be your body fighting little battles. To know what your signs of a true flare are, keep a journal of your symptoms and you'll see a rise of one thing or another that gives you an idea. Do this until you find recurring symptoms that show up without fail before a big flare. Even 'normal' people have aches, pains and little fevers. This is normal activity of your body being alive. See? You're still normal in some places Pain in your limbs accompanied by fever is due most likely to a fever above 99F. Unlike children who can have a fever of 103 before you get excited, adults can't handle fevers as well. Be sure to do what you can to keep fevers to a dull roar.

Old 07-15-2002, 06:12 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question

My friends are always making fun of me, because of the stomach problems!They are sooo tired of dealing with me and my "stomach woes". I could eat safe foods such as non-junk food and still get "sick".I really don't know what to do.Does plaquenil help with these kinds of problems?What about hair growing back?Just curious!(My friends do know that I suffer from the lupus, but, they are a bit tired of my "lame"excuses for why I got sick when I happened to.)...Anyhow, what do think or know regarding the plaquenil? Thanks! Nightowl2 P.S. Cold air or stress also always seems to activate my joint stiffness!That is no fun!!!!

Closed Thread