It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2002, 05:04 AM   #1
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Cool Lupus & Birth Control Pills

I'm need to be on birth control pills for another medical condition I have, but as many of you know, BCP's generally increase SED rates. I've been on a host of different ones - looking for one that is low estrogen and didn't send my SED rate sky high and didn't leave me on a hormonally-induced psychotic rollercoaster (so I exaggerate some...)

Well, one of my doctors recommended a fairly new injectable birth control called Lunelle. My SED rates dropped more than 30 points the first month and another 20 the second month! It's cool not having to take another pill every month.

Just thought I would share!

Old 07-27-2002, 10:47 PM   #2

tholavina HB User
I was on depo provera for several years. After I went off of it, I realized that the reason I wasn't losing weight was because of it, and I promptly lost 40lbs in 4 months. Does this injectable cause weight gain? I have really bad ovarian cysts, but I refuse to take depo again, as I get tired of fighting my weight. It seems like everytime I lose 40lbs, I go on steroids or depo or depakote or something that puts 50 back on. :| I'm so tired of fighting the drugs that are supposed to be saving my life! Anyway, thanks for sharing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2002, 12:52 AM   #3
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Thumbs up

I've been on it for over 3 months now and haven't gained any weight. I'm REALLY sensitive to gaining weight. (If I look the direction of cheesecake, I can gain 5 lbs). The info with the packaging says that some people (somewhere around 30%) gained 3-4 lbs during the first year of use... I gave up sugar, soda, caffeine, processed foods - so it would be obvious what caused any weight gain.

You might want to give it a shot (literally). I have polycystic ovaries in addition to lupus, so it makes treating both a delicate balance.

Closed Thread