It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2002, 07:05 PM   #1

FoXX HB User
Question Lupus And The Nails

I was diagnosed with CNS Lupus, I was wondering can sle affect the nails?... mine are white on the bottom of the bed and are also very painful. It appears to be growing out as if i had sculpted nails done. This just happened about 4 months ago. My Primary Care Doc. said that it was not a fungus,,however he is does not specialize in Lupus either. Any cases of this happening? FoXX_

------------------
FoXX_

Old 07-24-2002, 04:50 AM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Cool

Foxx-
Any particular reason why you haven't seen a Rheumy to help with managing your disease?

I've got SLE with a host of other probs including Raynaud's Phenomenon. (Exciting name eh?) My nail beds from time to time get pale white to blue - when I'm chilled. Are your nail beds constantly white or do they come and go?

There are SO many inter-related autoimmune disorders, someone like a Rheumy is going to be better able to diagnose and treat those sort of problems.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2002, 08:46 AM   #3

FoXX HB User
Question

This is something new ,,no I haven't seen my Rhu. Yet because I just got back on my Hmo and I have to wait untill next month to see anyone. They are not constantly white , it looks as if I got them caught in a door except they are not black and blue. They are growing out from the nailbed as if I had artficial nails done. I really don't know what's going on all I know is they ar very painful. Usually in cases of nail fungus there is a thick yellow and it is usually so far in the nailbed that it takes special meds to get rid of it. This is growing out and the nails underneath appear_ to be normal,,, but for how long I don't know. Can you point out a site in which I can look this up untill I see a doctor? Thank You

------------------
FoXX_

Old 07-28-2002, 01:04 AM   #4
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
With Raynauds/SLE, I haven't had any sort of pain in regard to the nail beds. I also haven't heard anyone on any boards mention problems similar to yours BUT they affect everyone differently!

If you had taken any meds or had shock to your system, it has been known that it shows up in your nails, but never heard of any pain associated with it... (just brainstorming)

I usually start researching on ***** or ivillage - there's a lot of different sites you can check.

You also might want to post in the forum under immune disorders - perhaps someone might be able to offer some suggestions there... And it may not be related to autoimmune also -

Have you asked your PCP to call in and get you an earlier appt? (Works for me) Whenever I hear that it's going to be more than a couple of weeks to see a new doctor, he calls for me and gets an earlier appt.

Good luck and keep us posted!

[This message has been edited by scbagrrrl (edited 07-28-2002).]

Closed Thread