It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2002, 07:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User
Cool Just saying hello

I just wanted to type a quick note and say hello to everyone. I have RA and spend most time in the arthritis forum, but I do also read posts here. My cousin has Lupus so I like to keep reading up on that as well as the RA. She and I were both diagnosed this year - crazy, huh? I'm 29, she's 31. She has been on Plaquenil since the beginnng of this year and just put he on Methotrexate.

That's all for now!

------------------
~Allison~

Old 09-12-2002, 07:58 PM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Cool

Is your cousin from your maternal or paternal side of the family? Any other relatives with similar problems?

There is not one single case of any autoimmune disorders on either side of the family (Reaffirms my childhood belief that I was brought here by aliens! LOL)

I'm sorry both of you guys are having to go through this. I was diagnosed at 29 too - so I know what you mean about feeling "struck down" in the prime of life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2002, 06:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User
My cousin's mother and my father are siblings. We are the only ones to come down with anything like this - although my one brother gets Gout from time to time, as did my grandmother (not really the same, but it is arthritis). My mother was actually adopted so I'm not sure what's on her side of the family.

It's just crazy that we were both diagnosed in the same year. She had actually been having symptoms for almost a year before seeing the doctor. She is a beautiful girl, but she was losing weight and hair. When I saw her at Thanksgiving last year, everyone honestly thought she had an eating disorder. How bad I feel now for thinking that!

The good thing in all of this is that we are not going through these things alone. How great it is to have someone - esp. in your family to talk to!

Hope you and everyone reading this has a "feel good" day today!

[This message has been edited by Hellokitty1973 (edited 09-13-2002).]

Closed Thread