It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2002, 05:42 PM   #1

anita1008 HB User
Post Need Help

Hi I am really looking for a Dr. in my area that will listen, I live in the Hickory NC area, I have had bad exp. with Drs. no one wonts to listen to me, I have had all the injections that I wont and all the meds that I would ever care to take, I wont someone to listen to what Im saying instead of just giving me meds, and hope that it works, I have had 2 surgerys in the past 6 months and had trouble with one of them healing and it has gotten better but I still have a breast biposy that hasn healed and its been 6 months, Ive had to have 2 more just trying to get the one biopsy to heal, Im really tired of all the run around I feel like Im getting...Can anyone help?

Old 08-28-2002, 06:27 AM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Lightbulb

Anita -
You might try to contact your local Arthritis Foundation or Lupus Foundation for some recommendations. Also check to see if they have any local support groups. You can get the phone numbers on their websites - [url="http://www.lupus.org"]www.lupus.org[/url] and [url="http://www.arthritis.org"]www.arthritis.org[/url]

You might also check for local teaching hospitals. I'm not sure where Hickory is in relation to Duke - but I have heard that's a good place to go...

I know it is extremely frustrating trying to get a diagnosis and trying to find a doctor that is worth a flip - be persistent and keep your chin up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2002, 10:12 AM   #3

anita1008 HB User
Thanks for the info, I will check into these today....I hope I find one soon..... Thanks very much.......

Old 09-23-2002, 11:56 AM   #4

Ceya HB User
Hi,
I am from South Carolina and MUSC in Charleston is suppose to be good. I go to a Rhemotologist at TRident . He has been wonderfull. I first was diagnosed with the Parvo virus. I have symtoms of arthritis, lupus, and flu like symptom. The fatigue was terrible I could hardly make a half a day at work. It is now some better although I ach all the time and I am lucky I have a great boss. Just last month the doctor thinks I have lupus. I realize you are about 5 to 6 hours away, but these are the closest I know. Possible columbia SC. Good luck hope you feel better.

Old 09-23-2002, 03:18 PM   #5

anita1008 HB User
[Please do not post or request personal contact information on the boards. Thanks, mod 3]

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 09-26-2002).]

Old 09-24-2002, 05:43 AM   #6

Ceya HB User
Hi,
The doctor I was referred to is Gregory Niemer. The other is the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Niemer has told me that all the musc doctors are good. Hope this helps, sorry for your bad experiences so far.

[This message has been edited by Ceya (edited 09-24-2002).]

Old 10-11-2002, 09:59 PM   #7

kimmi HB User
Anita,
Have you ever been tested for diabetes? My dad has been a diabetic for 50+ years and I know the healing time has always been delayed because of diabetes. I don't know if its true, but diabetes is kind of in the same family as lupus...in fact I'm having a blood sugar test done next week because My eyes are so bothersome. Diagnosed w/Lupus in 1997.
Kim

Closed Thread