It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2002, 03:05 PM   #1
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Unhappy Not again!!!

3 1/2 years ago, I had a nightmarish case of diarrhea that lasted more than 6 weeks. It's what eventually led to my SLE diagnosis after being pricked, poked, and prodded by more doctors than I care to see again. They ruled out Crohn's, Irritable Bowel...

I had pseudo-sushi a couple of days ago for lunch. (Grilled salmon in a sushi roll). A coworker ate the same thing I did. But the runs hit me - she's totally fine. And they are continuing just like it did several years ago. I don't want to live on Gatorade and IVdrips again and not be able to venture further than a few steps from the bathroom.

Has anyone else with SLE had a similar experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2002, 01:09 AM   #2

Dreamer33 HB User
Unhappy

I experienced diarhea for about a month when my symptoms were the worst, until I was diagnosed and put on prednisone. It felt like my body was trying to flush out toxins that needed to come out. I wouldn't call what I had nightmarish diarhea, except for the fact that everytime I got up or down off the toilet, I would have incredible pain in my knees. No, I don't miss those days at all.

By the way, it's been almost 3 months since my diagnosis, and I've been off prednisone for 14 days now-Yee Haw. Still have pains in my left rib area-but nothing I can't handle, they never have completely gone away(yet). I am not taking any pharmiceutical (sp?) medicine except 800mg ibu. once in a while. I am continuing to see an acupuncturist and take chinese herbs, and continue to feel better, (except for the last few PMS filled days, when drinking whiskey seemed to be a good idea, although I refrained). I have an appt to see my doctor next week to go over the blood tests I'll have done sometime this week. Will be interesting to see what they say.
I would drink Psyllium Husks in water when I had my bout with the runs and that seemed to help.
Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread