It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2002, 12:40 PM   #1

second chance HB User
Post Lupus symptoms!!!

Hi! I am new to this site but I have learned alot by the letters. I too have Lupus. It is such a difficult illness to get diagnosed but once the right dr. enters the picture, there is relief. I was diagnosed about 10 yrs. ago, after taking a strong anti-biotic for a bladder infection. Well, the medicine cured my infection but I happened to be part of the 2% with side effects. Yes, Lupus is just one of the 3 illnesses I have. I first was diagnosed with what the drs. thought was Leukemia but infact it is ITP (a bleeding disorder)then, an over active thyroid and lastly Lupus.I am in remission from the ITP and the thyroid is well under control..it's the Lupus that keeps giving me the problems. Between the flare-ups and the medicine prescribed, I don't know what is worse. I have been through many meds..prednisone,plaquinel, methotrixate. they all did there job in time, until this last flare-up. From a tetanus shot 2 yrs ago to kidney failure...I was medicine and pain free for 3 years. I was due for a T. shot and the nightmare began again. This time, more life threatening than ever. For 5 mos. I took a high dose of prednisone, gained 40+ pounds, skin like paper..finally my dr. referred me to Johns Hopkins. I had a kidney biopsy, started a chemo drug called Cytoxan and finally am back to me...bad part is the side effects from the chemo...but I have my life back again.
Has anyone been thru kidney problems and chemo with their Lupus?
Thanks for a great site....Best to all of you..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2002, 05:40 AM   #2

Bjorna HB User
Hello,

What a story! You have had very hard times...
I can't help you with your questions. Only that i had prednison too for three days in the hospital. It helps for a while, but then the pain en tiredness came back of course. I'm not diagnosed yet, first they thougt for seven years i have MS and now maybe an auto-immunedisorder...It's sometimes difficult to be diagnosed he?
I hope you're doing better now.
Bye bye,

------------------
Björna

Closed Thread