It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2002, 09:36 PM   #1

lenore HB User
Post broken capillaries - red spots

Does anyone have a lot of red dots - they are like little broken capillaries - on their trunks or arms or legs? Is this a symptom of lupus? The rhuematologist I just saw simply ignored my questions about this. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2002, 10:56 PM   #2
(female)

RedeemedHeart HB User
Wink

I don't know what causes that. I have had it on my legs and on my face. One Dr. said that it was Rosacea (sp) then another one told me it wasn't. If you find out what causes it let me know.
Blessings,
Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2002, 08:16 AM   #3

writingmyway HB User
Yes, I get them on my legs if I've been in the sun, which I know I shouldn't do. 4th of July, I got sunburned for the first time since I was diagnosed a little over a year ago, my legs were really burned...and i got those red spots on my lower legs (got them once before before the diagnoses). It took about 3-4 days and they were gone. But that is basically the only time i get them is from the sun. Looked like someone took a red ink pen and dotted them all over my legs (especially the shin area). Good luck
Donna

Old 09-24-2002, 10:07 AM   #4

Ceya HB User
Lightbulb

You know I have had this for years on my chest some are like small round spiderviens mostly on my chest and a few on my neck and face. The rhemtologist said it wasn't lupus, I kinda think it is. Let me know also if you find anymore out.

Old 10-11-2002, 09:42 PM   #5

kimmi HB User
Red face

Broken capillaries! The lady I go to for facials asked if I drank a lot! Of course I'm peri-menopausal and when I get hot flashes I can almost "feel" those little veins pop out. But could be Lupus. I feel like since I turned 40 (8 yrs ago!) that who knows what causes what.

Old 10-12-2002, 08:16 PM   #6

desertwinds HB User
My daughter has these all over her arms, face, and chest. The rheumatologist said they were spider veins.
She probably has 50 or more and continues to get more and more and more. They get bright red at times and have a faint circle around them. I've been bringing this up to doctors for 6 years now. It started with one underneath her eye and has just multiplied. One rheumatologist said that it was common in people with connective tissue diseases to have several of these, but others have no clue. I do think it is related in some way.

Old 10-15-2002, 10:26 AM   #7

navyboyzchick HB User
I *also* have this...and other weird 'rashes' and 'lesions'. It's weird. This morning I started feeling like my skin was burning...burning really bad. I looked and there is *nothing* there! I'm spazzing, I swear...

Old 10-22-2002, 09:37 PM   #8

kimmi HB User
Lenore,
I have broken cappilaries on my cheeks. I'm 48 so I'm in the middle of pre menopausal with hot flashes. My face gets so hot I can almost feel the capillaries at work! I got a facial and the estotician asked me if I drank alcohol a lot because of my face! I don't have them anyplace else on my body....
Kim

Closed Thread