It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2002, 06:59 PM   #1

newdawn HB User
Unhappy a question

Hello,
I wanted to ask a question I have had kidney infections bad ones since I was in my early 20's and now I am 32 I keep having them my doctor told me it could be a kindney stone and wants me to go to a urologist I can't get rid of them I keep drinking water, and taking cranberry pills and juice.. I don't know how you all got this disease so I was curious how frequent were your infections?????? I am so sick of this I just want them to go away I have been on sulfur, macrobid, and I can't remember the new one its the strongest and it didn't help at all..
thank you,Renee'

Old 10-12-2002, 01:44 PM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Cool

Renee,
I've had UTI's, bladder and kidney infections constantly for years. I'm lucky if I go 6 weeks without an occurance. I had a cystoscopy done several months ago by a urologist who said that everything looked "relatively normal" except a few polyps but was basically writing my problems off as "lupus-related". (Translation- not much we can do for you) I'm not content with that response, so I'm going to continue to pursue it further. I drink at least 100oz of water a day. (I stop drinking at 6pm so I'm not up peeing all night long!)

Why don't you try seeing another urologist and see if you can get a different perspective? Clearly, the one you're seeing can't find a solution - and it's not normal to have these occurrances so frequently.

(If I hear one more doctor tell me that I need to make sure I "wipe" properly which will prevent the infections, I'm going to whack him!)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2002, 05:15 AM   #3

newdawn HB User
Unhappy

girl,
first of all thats cool I used to live in Atlanta myself and secondly I went to the walk in clinic and saw a nurse practicioner I am sure that is spelled wrong lol anyway I have a urology appointment in November I am on macrobid right now and she gave me the four huge pills flagel that you take all at one time.. anyway she sent my urine culture off to the lab and she said that she would know the results by Tuesday or Wensday of next week but what she did say was it was a bacteria and possibly something called I am not sure trachiolia something like that a medical term don't you just love them lol.. I can't take baths, or drink caffeine, I don't have sex at all for a year now actually and I agree I wipe good ok thank you lol.. good luck and keep me posted and I would to e-mail you and you the same if you would like toooo.. sorry you are going through so much I am so sick of these UTI's its driving me crazy... I drink water I don't drink any soft drinks anymore.. well got to go take my meds I am perfect for the gabby smiley..
take care girl,Renee' http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif

Old 10-27-2002, 12:28 PM   #4

hugsareit HB User
Schagrrrl, About your bladder infections .I have also had them for many many years until after seeing other urologists I found one who said he thinks he knows what is wrong and what I might have. He did a cyctoscope under anesthesia and he found I have Interstitial Cystitis which can not be seen in a regular cystoscope. There is no cure at this time but there is one pill that some people take which some people take but I get bladder treatments which is no big deal. I have not had one of those infections since then- about 5 years.It might be a good to ask your urologist about this. If not Call the "Interstitial Cystitis Association. ". Good luck.

Old 10-27-2002, 01:34 PM   #5
(female)

LeslieAnn HB User
Hi! I too was diagnosed that October with Interstitial Cystitis. I had the bladder distention done under anesthia and was put on a medication called Elmiron. You take 3 times a day forever. What it does is build up the bladder lining. It worked wonders for me, although it takes time (about 3 - 6 months) before you really feel better. Please hang in there! Drink LOTS of water (I'm sure you have heard that before)! Also, you may want to try something called Prelief. It is a dietary supplement. Take 2 every time you want to have something that may irritate the bladder, like coffee, juice, citrus fruits, etc. That neutralizes the acid and you won't have any irritation! It saved me when I went to Hawaii! I was even able to eat pineapple!!! Good Luck!! I hope this helps!

Closed Thread