It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2002, 12:56 PM   #1

Ceya HB User
Red face burning skin

Hi, I am newly diagnosed with lupus. I have spots and sometime long areas on my skin that feel like I have been burned. But doesn't look like anything is wrong by appeareance.
I also have inching with now appeareance of rash.
Can anyone relate to this? Thanks

Old 10-15-2002, 09:01 AM   #2

navyboyzchick HB User
OMG...I was coming here for the SAME thing!! How strange that I saw your post. Mine started doing this last night and I feel like someone put a hot iron on my upper back...near the nape of my neck. It hurts so much and I just want to cry

I, too, am pretty newly dx'd since my symptoms have just started up again after years of remission. Did you find any help for this? What did you do? thanks!

~navyboyzchick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2002, 11:01 AM   #3

Ceya HB User
Hi, I haven't done anything. Because I am at the point that I do not know what is a symptom or not. I try to ignor it to the best of my ability but it moves around. What are you other symptoms? How were you dx?

Old 10-21-2002, 09:56 PM   #4

navyboyzchick HB User
I was originally dx'd back in 98. After that, I went into remission until about a year ago. Since then, I've been re-dx'd first by my new PCM and then my new rheumy. I have a high ANA and sed rate and protein in my urine. I've had a lot of urinary tract/kidney problems and have skin lesions and such.

The burning skin is a symptom of the Lupus, but I haven't found a way to rid the pain yet. I'm getting ready to start up meds again, but right now I'm just being treated for my anxiety, seizures and pain. Of course I'm on long term antibiotics for the kidney infections as well. I was also dx'd with cystitis this afternoon and will be seeing a urologist soon. And the days go on...lol

------------------

Old 10-22-2002, 05:39 PM   #5

Ceya HB User
It is great that you have responded. I am so sorry that you are sick again. I have only been diagnosed offically unoffical for about 3mos. I have been being treated for about a year. I started with swollen joints, fever, fatigue. I am tring to figure out what is lupus and what is not. I often feel like I have the flu. My arms, and legs feel so sore it is hard to drive they feel so heavy and sometimes numb in my hands. I often get sick to my stomach it comes and goes During the day. How do you know when you are sick and when it is a flare? My Rhem. doesn't say to much about symptoms. I feel they must think I am a hypocidrac (spelling ?)So I don't know what to say. My ana has been borderline everytime. Sorry so long.

Old 11-03-2002, 03:26 PM   #6

Ceya HB User
Hi ,
I haven't heard how you are?
Just thought I would say hi.
Ceya

Closed Thread