It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

mindi777 HB User
Question Erica

Hello Erica,
I think that I didn't write my question down right. Could you please read this question? You seem to know much about ANA testing.
My ANA1 results came out as an 8 ANA results were a 1:40 titer.

I appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Take care and Gob bless
Have a great evening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
(female)

*erica* HB User
Re: Erica

Hi Michele,
Your ANA results as a 1:40 titer are normal. The ANA test measures the amount of antibodies in your blood that work against your own body. The results are given in titers. A titer is a measure of how much your blood sample can be diluted before the presence of antibodies can no longer be detected. Anything less than a 1:80 titer is considered a normal or negative result. As far as the Serum ANA I had thought that it was given in titers. I thought that possibly you meant that your Serum ANA was a 1:8 rather than your Serum ANA1 test read 8. I've never heard of a Serum ANA1 test, just the Serum ANA and again I thought the results were given in titers but I could be wrong. If I'm not wrong and it is read in titers then your results are normal as anything less than a titer of 1:20 is considered normal. If you have any other questions feel free to ask
-Erica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread