It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2002, 12:22 PM   #1

shasha HB User
Question Reynauds

Hi I know I'm asking alot of ?s some not very good ones,but I have an app. with my Rumy on thurs. until then I want to know if you can give me the def. of Reynauds and the symptoms. I've looked it up on the web and cannot find any real def. and syptoms.
I have very cold hands and feet which parts of them go numb and tingling quite often. Out in the cold which is coming. They can start to sting and go numb. (mostly my fingers and toes) I just didnt know yet if this is Reynauds. Any comments are welcome. Thank you Sha,

[This message has been edited by shasha (edited 11-03-2002).]

Old 11-03-2002, 05:09 PM   #2
(female)

LeslieAnn HB User
HI! I am newly diagnosed with SLE, but I have had Raynaud's since I was a young girl. Back then I was told that it was from frost bite, but a few years back I finally learned that it was Raynaud's. My fingers and toes turn white and ache when exposed to cold, air conditioning, going into a freezer, etc. Sometimes stress will also cause them to turn white. After they start to warm up, they turn a purplish/grey color. That's when they tingle and I start to get the feeling back. It can be very annoying, especially in the summer, cause you could have on a pair of shorts and tank top, but if you go into air conditioning, on goes the gloves. Oh well, who cares what people think. They don't have to live with the pain. My doc has given be a channel blocker (Norvasc) to help with the circulation. That seemed to help alot. I was even able to go off of it during the summer months, although stress and air condition would always cause a flare. I find using hand warmers, they come in a package that you tear open and shake and they warm up, are extremely helpful. I put them inside my mittens and my boots. I hope this iformation helps a little bit! Have a good night and stay warm!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2002, 05:21 PM   #3
(female)

Ann S HB User
Sasha,
Here's a web site that goes into all the areas...... diagnosis, symptoms, treatment, etc.
[url="http://www.mayoclinic.com/findinformation/diseasesandconditions/invoke.cfm?id=DS00433"]http://www.mayoclinic.com/findinformation/diseasesandconditions/invoke.cfm?id=DS00433[/url]

It is not a .org site, but they're not selling anything on this page so I hope no one edits it out before you get a chance to get the address. Otherwise, try doing a search on ***********

Good luck, Ann

Old 11-04-2002, 07:32 PM   #4

shasha HB User
Hey,

Thank you both for your replies. Thanks Ann for the website it gave me the info. I needed.
Have a good day!
Sha,

Closed Thread