It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
AAAAARGH! worst rheumie visit ever

today i had my first taste of a 'bad doctor' since being dx SLE for lack of a better way to say it

been going thru all kinds of hell for the past 4-6weeks ... had to consider changing docs (finances) but in the end went back to my dx doc of 6 years, also i thought he was really good ... boy was i wrong

i made the fatal error in December of telling him that i smoke pot to get me thru the days and i think makes the depression more manageable. Today i was told that ALL my symptoms are from the pot how can a degenerative disease pains be b/c of this? (picked up pre-pot) He told me that my lupus was not acting up (physical exam only) but i am wasting away (yes, i have lost 10kg) but i have had gastro since 9/4

he simply brushed away my symptoms told me i am depressed & constipated & must go to rehab & prescribed : cymbalta & multi-vitamin when i asked if we could treat the other symptoms ie. hormone issues, eating disorder/nausea, allergies then we treat the depression last as i know that once i get the other things 'under control' it will be far milder ... NO ??? also told me not to worry about quitting cigarettes but MUST stop the pot ???
I AM SORRY BUT ANTI-DEPRESSANTS & VITAMINS IS NOT THE ONLY THING I NEED.

so now i will stop the pot & find a new doctor ... i will stay off the green & then start the whole process from the start again ... get the doc, do the tests, try the meds & have another breakdown, then discuss a green treatment plan ... i will even offer to be the trial subject ... look if it is 'hurting' me then it must go but how can he be so flippant with me

thanks for letting me get this out ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
(female)

*erica* HB User
Re: AAAAARGH! worst rheumie visit ever

Hi AngelMJ,
I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience with your doctor. This is one thing I will never understand about doctors, they encourage you to be completely honest with them, but then when you are they disregard all your symptoms and bring on the judgement. The same thing happened to me except with tanning instead of pot. I'm not sun sensitive at all and so I decided to go tanning and when I was having problems I went to the doctor and he said everything was because of the tanning when we later found out I had developed a GI problem. It's just a viscious cycle- you're honest, they judge you. you're not honest, they think you're a liar. You're right, I definatly don't think that vitamins and antidepressants are the only answer. I hope you can find a doctor that will listen to you and actually try to solve your problems rather than sugarcoating them with vitamins. Best wishes to you.
-Erica

Closed Thread