It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2002, 10:45 PM   #1

Sparkle HB User
Post Need Help - Scared

Over the last two weeks I have had little shooting type pains in different places at different times. Not particularly painful more annoying. One minute its in my right upper arm, then my knee, then my toe, then my thigh, then my left wrist, then the underneath of my foot, then my finger. It is so strange. Not pins and needles type pain more of an ache or a little stab. I do have pain in my lower right back which was from an injury and it is a suspected bulging disk. But sometimes this doesn't hurt at all.

Could this pain be from a tumor in my back or somewhere else? I am an anxious person and I seem to convince myself I have some sort of terminal illness. I have been looking up Lupus and MS and these worry me also with my little pains that occur all over. I do suffer from anxiety which before has caused 'imaginary' symptoms like shortness of breath, stomach pains etc.

Does anyone have any advice they could give me?

Old 09-20-2002, 09:46 AM   #2

SusanM HB User
Do a search for paresthesia. Read about it. This may be what you are experiencing. Best wishes, Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2002, 10:32 PM   #3

kimmi HB User
Sparkle,
I think those of us that have anxiety are way to sensitive to our bodies. I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1997. I have had anxiety/panic disorder for 30 years. Every time I have an ache or pain, I panic. But some of it I feel is my age (48) some of it pre menopausal some of it Lupus, but most of all, my undeniable "what if" factor. Just try not to worry about every little ache and pain or it will drive you crazy. Not to say you shouldn't be aware of what your body is telling you. I'm really new to this site and have heard a lot of interesting things that I can personally relate to. Just hang in there and try to relax a little. I know its hard for people like us to do that!
Kim

Old 10-12-2002, 01:27 PM   #4
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
Cool

Sparkle,
Don't try to play online doctor and diagnose yourself. We usually end up with some bizarre exotic disease diagnosis like Bugglesplasia. (I'm kidding) It's great to read up on stuff, but please follow up with a doctor to have him/her explore what's going on. You mentioned that it's come on in the past couple of weeks - it's worth investigating, but don't let this overwhelm you.

[This message has been edited by scbagrrrl (edited 10-12-2002).]

Old 10-16-2002, 08:56 PM   #5

VeryAnnoyed HB User
Thank you everyone.

I really appreciate your advice. I still have some of the pains but they are not as bad as they once were. I am trying to stay away from medical sites online..lol.

By the way...I am logging in as my brother but it is still me...Sparkle http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

[This message has been edited by VeryAnnoyed (edited 10-16-2002).]

Old 10-17-2002, 10:23 AM   #6

SusanM HB User
I agree you should follow up with a doctor and don't try to self-diagnose. Unfortunately, many doctors aren't that good at diagnosing either lol. I mentioned paresthesia because I experience it myself when I am having an autoimmune flare. I experience "abnormal sensations" like an itch or buzzing sensation in the absense of any stimuli. And I feel it in different parts of my body like you described. It's not nerves or panic. It is not an exotic or bizarre disease. I can tell when my ANA is up because of this. I usually experience this symptom before other symptoms come on. What you described reminds me of this, and that's why I mentioned it. A lot of people have never heard of it even though it is not that uncommon with illnesses like MS, lupus, hypothyroidism, diabetes, B12 deficiency and other disorders. It is a very distressing symptom, and not something you experience because you are focusing on your body too much. Best wishes, Susan

[This message has been edited by SusanM (edited 10-17-2002).]

Old 10-30-2002, 05:24 PM   #7

Sparkle HB User
Hi, its me again.

I am still getting the odd muscle aches and shooting pains around my body. These have happened since I had a bad virus about 3 months ago which included the same pains, stiff neck, vomiting, headache for about three days. Every other symptom has gone except the pains. A week before my nephew had 'Slapped Cheek Syndrome' or human parvovirus. My doctor suspected I had caught that virus. Since then I have had two complete blood work ups and everything was normal. I asked my Dr if I could have something like MS or Lupus and he checked the results again and said if it was something serious it would have shown up in the two independant blood works.

Do you think this is correct? I am driving myself mad and worrying myself sick here.

Thank you so much for reading.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Sparkle

Old 11-09-2002, 07:33 PM   #8

rj3 HB User
Hi Sparkle

I just thought I'd put a quick word in as I'm like you, very panicky..

I have had similar symptoms with weird little "tremor -feelings" just beneath the skin in various places and "pins and needles" especially in my feet. I do have pain which feels like it's in my bones and some finger joint pain. I too have had various blood tests which have all come up fine and have been told as well not to look at medical websites like this one! Let me know how you go... I'm thinking about seeing a rheumy as well possibly for reactive arthritis... It's hard not knowing what it is isn't it?

Russell

Closed Thread