It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2002, 11:20 AM   #1

tonzie HB User
Unhappy Problem at night

I have the weirdest problem at night. When I lie down for over an hour or two, my breathing gets congested. I can't cough anything loose. I can hear my breathing and sometimes it even wakes my husband. I bought an over the counter inhaler and it seems to work for about an hour or so. During the day I don't have this problem at all, only at night. It is a real rattle noise in my chest, and I feel like I can't breath...I haven't told the Dr yet, because it came on so suddenly, and keep thinking it will get better.
At first I thought it was being in a room with air conditioner, but I haven't had it on for over a week now and still having this problem. I know lupus can cause plurisy, and I guess I am not sure what plurisy is..

Old 09-18-2002, 10:03 PM   #2
Inactive

Denise F HB User
Never use an inhaler unless a Dr. has said to, it can
be deadly. You better get this checked out. You could
have fluid collecting around your lungs or heart at night.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2002, 09:54 PM   #3

kimmi HB User
I also have a lot of congestion at night. I think I may have allergies. When I get up in the AM I cough and spit and sputter like crazy. Both my Rheum and Primary care Dr heard something and took x-rays, but there was nothing there. Neither of them thought it likely that it was allergies, but what else could it be?
Kim

Old 10-24-2002, 06:03 AM   #4

Ceya HB User
I to have this problem. I wake up and drink water off and on. about 5 years ago my doctor thought it was night time astma. I haven't asked lately, but when I lay my head down it feels like it fills with congestion and sometimes becomes dry it is hard to explain. I don't have this when I am upright. I to thought allegies. And of course to make matters worse I smoke some. So telling a doctor would just blame it on smoking and they are probably right.
Do you have swelling or water retintion in your legs?

Old 11-11-2002, 04:37 PM   #5

tonzie HB User
My Dr told me to go ahead and take the over the counter inhaler.. Since my father and two sisters have asthma, he said it is very likely I could have it coming on....He didn't say it like that....But thats the jist of it. It does seem to help and he said the diff between the over the counter and the rx inhaler is the time it lasts...ovtc lasts a much shorter time than rx.... So, breathing much easier nowadays...

Closed Thread