It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
maybe fellow lupies can offer insight

okay ... so i posted asking for insight ... but saw the number of reads going up and yet nobody had anything to say ... so i removed it ... gotto love the hormone rages :P
the worst part of living with lupus is all the questions and rarely answers ... or answers take time & money ... but i am hanging in there and know that i will get there inevitably.

Last edited by Angel MJ; 05-11-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: irrational thoughts

Old 10-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
(female)

ResilientRed HB User
Re: maybe fellow lupies can offer insight

Angel,

here here on the questions with no answers! I often want to ask my doctor to show proof of a medical degree :-) lol.....

I was hospitalized for two weeks after finding 2 PE (pulmonary embolism) in my lungs. The clots, I was told, were not due to lupus (Factor 5 defiency blood disorder) but it did help in diagnosing that I have lupus as well.

The doctors were so puzzled as to how/when/why because prior to the PE, I've never been hospitalize/don't have kids/don't drink or smoke/not on birth control/never had surgery/26 yrs old. Itinitally i felt they diagonsed lupus just to put a name to something they had no way of explaining.

The truth is that you have to educate yourself regarding the diesase. Kowledge is power & the more you know about your condition the better you can grasp what to expect. You'll also be able to challenge your doctor with questions to answers that don't make sense to you.

Lupus acts differently per person. Doctors may try an generic approach in treatment so educate yourself & go with what makes it comfortable for you to continue to live your life.

hope this help!

-ResilientRed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread