It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User
Vee and any others can you help.

I went to a hematologist. He said you are positive for lupus ana was 1:3?? don't remember. I then went to a rheumie. He was rude when he found out I took xanax and told me to get off of it. My diagnosis from a physciatrist I've seen for 8 years and my diagnosis from him was extreme social anxiety which is now under control from counseling, xanax and paxil. I AM NOT depressed. Then my rhumie call my psych and told him the only thing wrong with me was I needed to get off xanax. My phychiatrist told him bluntly that I did not have an addictive personality . I have been on the same dose for 8 yrs...never ask for more, never "lost" any...nothing deceptive in 8 years, had no "nutty" problems a completely normal person with social anxiety. The rhumie then told me you have fibro, go home and exercise and dismissed me.He would not give me the numbers of the ana result...just said you are negative. I continued to have problems and went to an internal medicine doctor. He said you are positive for lupus and he is referring me to a rhumie...go figure. I did ask for a copy of my blood work and the ana is positive and in the 1300's. What I am I missing. I admit I am not knowledgeale and that any answer is from a patient's perspective but please I need some other points of view.
Thank- you for anything from anyone.
Sophie 56

Old 04-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
(female)

*erica* HB User
Re: Vee and any others can you help.

Hi Sophie 56,
I'm sorry you're having so many problems with so many doctors. Hopefully this new rheumy will give you some better answers
You're psychiatrist knows you very well after eight years and that doctor had no right to blame all of your problems on medicine perscribed by another medical professional. What symptoms have you been having that led you to the rheumy? Did the internal medicine doctor do any other tests?
-Erica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

Symptoms are very low white and red counts, extreme fatigue. joint, muscle pain and burning under the skin, sun and outdoors sensitive....get rashes. I have the butterfly rash on my face, positive results from Fana tests..I can't do normal housework or anything without being in pain for days even bed ridden often. I still try to work...nothing else, no cleaning, gro. shopping, laundry, cooking. I drag to work..drag home and go to bed and start over again the next morning.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
(female)

*erica* HB User

Hi Sophie 56,
I can sympathize with many of your symptoms and know how difficult it can be. It definatly sounds like lupus to me, however I'm just a patient. Your ANA at a 1:1300 titer is definatly an autoimmune red flag. I hope your next doctors visit goes well and wish you all the best. If you have any other questions about anything at all feel free to ask
-Erica

Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

Thank-you ebunselmeyer

Closed Thread