It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
(female)

Buzzy523 HB User
Hot Flashes / Lupus

I suffer with extreme hot flashes. In fact, I would call them "fire flashes". It feels like I am igniting. If anyone comes near me or touches me I burn up. I had a total hysterectomy 20 months ago. I am 60 years old. I will be going to a rheumatologist in June due to a positive Anti DS DNA and a 1:10 DS DNA titer. Do any of you suffer from hot flashes due to Lupus. My medical Dr. and a Gastroenterologist I went to feel I have an autoimune disease. They suggested I may have a light case of Lupus. Is there such a thing as a light case of lupus. My kidneys are suffering and are only working at 1/3 and I have passed kidney stones this year. Now my liver is showing problems and the Dr. said it is not the liver, but something is attacking it.

Any advice or suggestons?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
(female)

*erica* HB User
Re: Hot Flashes / Lupus

Hi Buzzy523,
I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing so many problems lately. I can somewhat relate to your hot flashes. I've been having similar problems lately when I'm asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night soaked with sweat and extremely overheated. I also get "hot flashes" I guess you could call them if I'm in the shower, bath, or am even near some steam. I get extremely overheated and dehydrated and begin to feel faint. I'm working with my doctor trying to figure out what's causing it, but so far no luck. Lupus can come in light/mild forms however if you do have lupus and your liver and kidneys are suffering I certainly would not call that a light form of lupus. Milder forms of lupus have no organ involvement, just skin and joint issues among other things that aren't life threatening. I hope you get some answers from your doctors soon and wish you all the best. If you have any questions feel free to ask
-Erica

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
(female)

Buzzy523 HB User

Erica, thanks for the reply. My medical Dr. suggested a light case of Lupus. Besides the hot flashes and a daily back ache, I don't really feel too bad. but my blood work and kidney function tests always come back lousy. Last blood work, my ANA Screen came back negative, but my Anti DS DNA came back positive. Also my DS DNA Titer result was 1:10 and I have a Beta 2 Microglobulin result of 4984. Something is going on. My alkaline phosphatase level is high but in the last month has come down. I will be going to a rheumatologist on June 3. Hope she can figure out what is wrong with me.

Again, thanks for the reply.
Joanie

Old 05-02-2009, 01:55 AM   #4
(male)

herbprof HB User

These autoimmune diseases like Lupus are interesting and also a bit alarming, there are approximately 80 to 100 with another 40 waiting for a name. Medical science cannot explain why and has not found a cure for even one. You can trigger one of them just by taking aspirin, medication or by starting a new exercise routine, even too much stress says latest research. Naturopathic medicine says, "Look for the root, it is in the basics beginning with what is on your fork, what toxins are in your body, what exercise do you do, what stress is in your life, what is your spiritual base". Scientific arrogance has led us down the wrong path we better stop and take a close look at what is happening. This month 150 new chemicals will be added to the 85,000 which are part of the autoimmune problem. They will be added too industry with no oversight control at all. Autoimmune disease is the worst kind of contradiction; for a Lupus sufferer you are attacking your body with your immune system, a world upside down. God bless you in your search.

Sincerely
Paul

Ps Here is a challenge, on a piece of paper write down as many diseases as you can think of then put them as a search on Google one at a time and add the word epidemic you will see that almost all of them are epidemics. Is anyone in modern medicine awake?

Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Magustuff HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy523 View Post
I suffer with extreme hot flashes. In fact, I would call them "fire flashes". It feels like I am igniting. If anyone comes near me or touches me I burn up. I had a total hysterectomy 20 months ago. I am 60 years old. I will be going to a rheumatologist in June due to a positive Anti DS DNA and a 1:10 DS DNA titer. Do any of you suffer from hot flashes due to Lupus. My medical Dr. and a Gastroenterologist I went to feel I have an autoimune disease. They suggested I may have a light case of Lupus. Is there such a thing as a light case of lupus. My kidneys are suffering and are only working at 1/3 and I have passed kidney stones this year. Now my liver is showing problems and the Dr. said it is not the liver, but something is attacking it.

Any advice or suggestons?
hey buzzy -
On the heat flashes - I have a couple of techniques for relieving some of the discomfort from these -
Your head and your stomach are great spots to apply ice. If you hold some ice there for a couple of minutes, it may help to relieve some of the horrible hot sensation.
As far as the kidney issue; have they done an US to rule out polycystic kidney disease?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
(female)

Buzzy523 HB User

Magustuff, What is a US? I have had scans of the liver/kidneys and blood work and urine tests. All seems to be OK or borderline. Going to a rheumatologist next month. Hopefully she will have some ideas as to what is going on in my body. I had a positive Anti DS DNA test. I know you need a certain number of symptoms to be diagnosed with Lupus. Thanks for your reply.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:55 AM   #7
(female)

aliconti HB User

i quickly went into menopause at 34 as a result of cytoxan treatments. the hot flashes were so bad my husband bought me pjs called wickering pjs. they allow breathing without so much sweat.
buy them. worth the investment.
sorry you are going through this.
xoxo
ali

Closed Thread