It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2002, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

hlowrie HB User
Question Could I have Lupus Since My Mother Has it?

My mother was diagnosed with Lupus about four years ago, right after that her and my step dad moved to Illinois, I live in Texas with my husband. The reason I think I may have it is because she used to be and still is very skinny she had trouble eating especially when nervous, since she has been gone I have lost alot of weight I weigh 95lbs, this has been over a four year period if I get nervous I can't eat, but i didn't realize that was how she was until after i lost the weight and told her about it. I get fatigued really easily, my joints ache at times, and i have had a yeast infection that i can not get rid of despite going to the doctor several times to try to get rid of it. I have no insurance so every time i got to the doctor I have to use my own money. I have never had any blood work done, but i don't know if maybe my recurrent yeast infection could be apart of this or maybe my being so skinny and lack of nutrition could be it. Please any advice would be helpful. Thank you and God Bless each and every one of you.

Old 10-23-2002, 11:01 AM   #2

Ceya HB User
Wink

Hi,
What I have read says there is a genetic link to lupus but from what I can read it is not real high.
My mom has ms which is another autoimune desease.
There is a chance you could have it. My illness started similar to you. however, years ago I felt like you inregards to eating and found I had hypoglycemia. I had to work at my diet. It is hard but you can do it. You have to eat small amounts, at least 6 times a day. Take snacks, nuts, peanutbutter sandwitch, milk, ceral, you have to make yourself eat some breakfast which I hate. It took about 4 mos. before I felt better. You really will be able to eat and not feel sick if you stick to it. Try not to eat sugar. You probably need a compleate blood work up.
There are alot of things that have these symtoms. lupus could be it or something else. Sorry you do not have insurance. Look up a diet to use and stick to it.
a bad diet is not good for you no matter what. It will also help to keep you more resistant to other illness. Good luck. Hope this helps. please over look spelling. Try a Rhem. hopefully more power for your buck?
Ceya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2002, 11:40 AM   #3
Inactive

Denise F HB User
Try to stay away from sweets and eat yogurt with active
cultures. This should help the yeast infections. Also
try not to wear hose or tight pants you so you're
not heating it up down there. This helps me. I have Lupus and tend to get yeast infections that are hard to get rid Of. Also weight loss and yeast infections could be a sign of diabetes. You might check social
agencies in your area to see if there are any low cost
health plans available for you.
You definately don't want to get diagnosed with Lupus
before you are insured because you may have trouble
getting insurance after being labeled with Lupus.
Good luck to you.

------------------

Old 12-01-2002, 10:47 AM   #4
B_1958

I haven't had a yeast infection in about 20 years. The last time I had one, I went to a woman doc that was, I would guess, in her early 60's. She suggested I mix one tablespoon of white vinegar in a quart of warm water and use it as an inner rince (douche). Vinegar is a very very effective way to kill yeast, and it is inexpensive and WAY less messy to use than those horrid creams or tablets I use to have to use.. UGH! Also as was suggested earlier, yogurt and abstaining from sweets (yeast feeds on sugar) really help when an infection is flaring up.

Also if you are sexually active, get your partner to wash with the same vinegar and water solution. Often the reason keep getting the infections is that their partner will have a few yeast cells attaced to skin, and when you are sexually active, that partner will give the infection right back to you. And no, I am not suggesting that yeast infections are STD's. Not at all. There are all sorts of normal flora and fauna in the vaginal canal and tissues, things like lupus just make it more difficult to combat them.

If you are concerned about using the mix internally, try just washing externally with it. You should find an almost immediate relief to the itching and inflammation to delicate tissues.

Old 12-10-2002, 10:10 AM   #5

TessDirect HB User
My Mom has Lupus, as do I - So the heredity claim sounds very valid to me, but it is a disease that is unique in every individual. All of the information you have gotten here is good sound advice no matter what ails you! There is a lot of good information on the internet and many things you can do on your own without a Doctor - (good diet (less sugar and carbs), extra vitamins (especially theB’s), herbs (no Echinacea!!!), and stay fit (not just thin) exercise so stiffness doesn’t kick in, the advice from B1958 - about getting your sex partner involved with the yeast infection cleanup is very sound!! If you must use one of the “horrid creams” I have found Monistat (for seven days not 3) to be the only one that helps. When all else fails a good Rheumatologist should be able to help you out with the Lupus - but I agree with Denise get yourself some insurance before you get a diagnosis of Lupus –
Wishing you pain free days
Tess

Closed Thread