It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2002, 01:39 PM   #1

Marykate HB User
Post Drug-induced lupus

Greetings.

Looking for anyone who's had experience with DLE. Was the cuplrit an acne med? If not, what drug was it? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-29-2002, 05:05 PM   #2
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
MaryKate,
I'm SLE myself, but according to the National Library of Medicine for the National Institutes of Health Website:

"Drugs that are known to cause this type of reaction in some people include: procainamide, isoniazid, chlorpromazine, penicillamine, sulfasalazine, hydralazine, methyldopa, and quinidine. Symptoms tend to occur after taking the drug for a reasonable period of time, usually at least 3 to 6 months. "

None of those ring a bell for acne drugs - but that doesn't mean that acne meds couldn't cause it. The site I mentioned before nlm nih gov shows illustrations and details it fairly well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2002, 08:29 PM   #3

Marykate HB User
scbagrrrl,
Thanks so much for the info. It's wonderful to know there are people like you in this world who, in spite of personal difficulties, care enough about others to offer a helping hand. I appreciate your input. Best of luck with your SLE. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Marykate

Old 04-29-2002, 08:30 PM   #4

Marykate HB User
scbagrrrl,
Thanks so much for the info. It's wonderful to know there are people like you in this world who, in spite of personal difficulties, care enough about others to offer a helping hand. I appreciate your input. Best of luck with your SLE. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Marykate

Old 04-29-2002, 08:33 PM   #5

Marykate HB User
Oops, sorry 'bout the double entry.

Old 05-01-2002, 06:11 PM   #6
Veteran

scbagrrrl HB User
No problemo - I "trudged" through the Lupus jungle by myself for so long - I don't want others to have to go through what I did.

And from your earlier posting - the drugs were from the national institutes of health website - you can get to the site by doing a search on google.

Old 12-11-2002, 10:49 PM   #7

kittylover4 HB User
I am searching for information on INH--Isoniazid to treat exposure to TB. I have been on the meds for 3 months and am aware of some complications that are possible. I read this post--What is DSE and can isoniazid cause lupus in some patients

Thanks

Old 12-17-2002, 09:20 PM   #8

Marykate HB User
Hi, kittylover4.

From what I gather, isoniazid can cause SLE syndrome a/k/a DIL, drug-induced lupus. For more info, check out [url="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus."]www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus.[/url] Under "Medical Encyclopedia," go to "Dj-Dz," then scroll down to "Drug-induced lupus erythematosus." Under "Causes & risks," go to third paragraph.

Hope this helps.

Marykate

Old 08-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
(female)

squestions HB User
Re: Drug-induced lupus

Hello. Anyone who finished the TB treatment for 9 months? I stopped it at 8 months and I'd like to know if any of you had any side effects.

Thanks

Closed Thread