It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2002, 08:15 PM   #1

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Post just want to chat with others that have lupus

im 27 a man and i have lupus i have had it for 5 years this i my first time on these kind of boards.

sal
i just want to talk

Old 12-13-2002, 06:15 AM   #2

sahra HB User
Hi there,
I have left a reply on the pregnancy board for you. Hope it helps. Best of luck.

xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2002, 06:07 AM   #3

Ceya HB User
Smile

Hi,
I would love to talk. I have only been dx recently. Been sick for about a year. You probably have alot of experience with this desease. I understand it must be even more difficult for you. It is rare for men to have lupus. The one thing in common for sure is that it is invisible and people do not want to accept that we are sick. I feel like most of the time I am ignored even if I mention my illness to amyone even family. It is like they feel so much worse with what ever they have. So I just don't say much. I have found myself staying home more when I am not running my kids around or working. I use to go see my mom everyday. She has back problems and for years she has complained about the pain. anytime I say something about my self she always as a comment that sounds like she is worse. Oh well what can I say. My husband was in a car accident 2 years ago and has had two surgeries. Nov. was the most recent and he is still recoving. I the beginning of my illnes I think due to his pain mine couldn' be that bad, mainly because I have to keep going. I am the only on working and so far God has helped me get to work and do an OK job. We have 5 children and sometimes working and taking them to activites is really tiring. How do you feel? What concerns you the most about your desase? Love to hear from you.

Old 12-17-2002, 09:51 AM   #4
Inactive

Cyrus HB User
You must be a very rare breed. I have Lupus but was diagnosed age 16 am not 28 but alas I am the common garden female variety. What were you wantin to chat about?

Rachel.

Old 12-17-2002, 09:54 AM   #5
Inactive

Cyrus HB User
You must be a very rare breed. I have Lupus but was diagnosed age 16. I am now 28 but alas I am the common garden female variety. What were you wantin to chat about?

Rachel.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 12-18-2002).]

Old 12-18-2002, 06:20 AM   #6

Ceya HB User
Hi,
I am looking for you to chat. I had a client years ago, I am a social worker who was a male dx with lupus.
He said one of the biggest problems for him was how family and friends did not accept the fact that he was sick or had flares because he looked fine. I guess that strong male stero type hampered him and they just thought he was lazy. He was really hurting inside.
12 years later I find myself in the same boat. My husband was in a car accident and has had 2 back surgeries, most recent was Nov. I often feel like he is so much more hurt that me, this is before surgery. He has MRIs to prove it. I don't so I just keep to my self. I know that sounds recentful but I don't mean it to. I just would like for some understanding. How do people of family relate to You?
Ceya

Old 12-19-2002, 08:17 PM   #7

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Its hard to say some days you could jus say I give up and some days i will fight to the end. This is a weird thing Lupus I call it the silent robber or a theife in th night its some thing that does not know who we are man or woman adult or child it just comes I personly don't take it to heart. Because if you dwel on the fact that you have this set back you will suffer slowly and painfully. you keep up your activities walk, run, work out (Don't give up on life because you don't want life to give u on you) right you can take it one day at a time or move on keep pushing ahead never stop. And mos important look out for #1 thats you this is no game we are playing. And as far as other people and there comments remember ever one has them.

Talk to you soon keep writing
Quote:
Originally posted by Ceya:
Hi,
I would love to talk. I have only been dx recently. Been sick for about a year. You probably have alot of experience with this desease. I understand it must be even more difficult for you. It is rare for men to have lupus. The one thing in common for sure is that it is invisible and people do not want to accept that we are sick. I feel like most of the time I am ignored even if I mention my illness to amyone even family. It is like they feel so much worse with what ever they have. So I just don't say much. I have found myself staying home more when I am not running my kids around or working. I use to go see my mom everyday. She has back problems and for years she has complained about the pain. anytime I say something about my self she always as a comment that sounds like she is worse. Oh well what can I say. My husband was in a car accident 2 years ago and has had two surgeries. Nov. was the most recent and he is still recoving. I the beginning of my illnes I think due to his pain mine couldn' be that bad, mainly because I have to keep going. I am the only on working and so far God has helped me get to work and do an OK job. We have 5 children and sometimes working and taking them to activites is really tiring. How do you feel? What concerns you the most about your desase? Love to hear from you.

Old 12-19-2002, 08:26 PM   #8

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Hi

You tell me you have some years over me on this so lets stay posative about what we say. I 27 I graduated from college in 1998 with a B.S in telcom Mgmt. I was Married but now divorsed not because of Lupus my ex-wife was a flake. I was recruted by Sprint in San Francisco for 6 years its very cold up there for Lupus. Any way I almost got married again that was hard she was a flake too with a 9 year old. you could see she experienced lupus full on she just was not strong enough.

Now You
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrus:
You must be a very rare breed. I have Lupus but was diagnosed age 16. I am now 28 but alas I am the common garden female variety. What were you wantin to chat about?

Rachel.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 12-18-2002).]

Old 12-19-2002, 08:38 PM   #9

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Thumbs up

Hello

first Off the person has to make him or her self feel like if your not with lupus then your the out sider. You know Lupus is a tricky thing I know what your saying I too was very strong I worked out and I kept in shape. I sill do those things but in a different way. You have to come to terms with your self i have lupus now get on with it I walk, run, lift weights, and I also partisipate in walkathons for various causes to give back and lend support to others that need a little pick me up. You follow me so pass this on except it and get on have you seen a 5 or 6 year old with Lupus or a 5 or 6 year old with cancer don't be that model for pitty for them you have to be strong and tuff for the because they look at you and wonder is this what I have to look forward too.

Don't be that person
Talk too you soon
Quote:
Hi,
I am looking for you to chat. I had a client years ago, I am a social worker who was a male dx with lupus.
He said one of the biggest problems for him was how family and friends did not accept the fact that he was sick or had flares because he looked fine. I guess that strong male stero type hampered him and they just thought he was lazy. He was really hurting inside.
12 years later I find myself in the same boat. My husband was in a car accident and has had 2 back surgeries, most recent was Nov. I often feel like he is so much more hurt that me, this is before surgery. He has MRIs to prove it. I don't so I just keep to my self. I know that sounds recentful but I don't mean it to. I just would like for some understanding. How do people of family relate to You?
Ceya

------------------
SAL

Old 12-20-2002, 05:47 AM   #10

Ceya HB User
Thumbs up

Hi,
I am glad to see you have a good out look. I agree with this illness is so strange " like a thief".
I to continue to work full time. I still do all my routine. Sometimes it is harder than others. I feel blessed when I have really good days. I to have had to modify my days. I try really hard to continue to live my life as I use to.
It is great that you are able and willing to walk in marithons for others. I to see things that are a lot worst.
Ceya

Old 12-22-2002, 06:21 PM   #11

MAN WITH LUPUS HB User
Smile

Hello Ceya

I here you the way I see it is I tried too to be the person I used to be but I can't I would kill my self. that does not mean I can't find another out look on life. like exercise and other activities that keeps me busy. in the last 3 years i have been trying to find the answer why me. Well I still don't know but my hole out look on life is different I feel some one was trying to tell me slow down take it easy. So I guess I'll take it easy for the rest of my life you know. On the up side my family has come together to aid me I don't know some times its hard to talk about I still do not have the answers im looking for. I just take every thing day by day some good some not so good you know.

sal
Quote:
Hi,
I am glad to see you have a good out look. I agree with this illness is so strange " like a thief".
I to continue to work full time. I still do all my routine. Sometimes it is harder than others. I feel blessed when I have really good days. I to have had to modify my days. I try really hard to continue to live my life as I use to.
It is great that you are able and willing to walk in marithons for others. I to see things that are a lot worst.
Ceya

Closed Thread