It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2002, 01:15 AM   #1

Bjorna HB User
Post does anyone recognize this?

Hello!

About a month ago suddenly i have an enormous pain in the chest,especcialy on the left. I couldn't normally breath anymore en couldn't lift up my left arm. I became very dizzy and i almost vomit.I lay down on my bed and the pain goes to my left shoulder, left part of my face and after a while through my left bodypart. It was very scary and the whole day i can't do anything. The next day i went to a doctor but he says i'm too young to have problems with my heart...
I have more weird symptoms.
My ANA is positive and my anti-DNA is normal:<20. I have to wait for the other bloodresult. My neurology is making an appointment with the rheumatology. (Please, forgive my spelling).
Does anyone recognize this? And can you have an auto-immuundisorder with a normal anti-DNA?
Thanks!!!

------------------
Björna

Old 12-01-2002, 10:53 AM   #2
B_1958

No one is "too young" for cardiac problems. They just are not as common in younger people. But SLE does have a nasty reputation for causing an inflammation in the tissues that line the heart. They become swollen and inflamed and it causes serious chest pain.

I'd suggest you see another physican pronto! If the second opinion is that it is not the cardiac muscle causing the pain, ask if it is possible that what you are suffering from is in actuality chest wall pain. It feels just as frightening as cardiac pain, but will respond very favorably to immediately ceasing the offending activity, and resting quietly until the pain subsides.

Any chest pain that is accompanied by feelings of nausea, cold sweats, diziness, tingling in the left arm or jaw, or chest pain that radiates is a serious call for attention, and should not be ignored.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2002, 06:47 AM   #3

Ceya HB User
I totaly agree with B_1958. I have read alot about Questioning Doctors related to womens health issues. Heart problems can srike at anytime any age. Your symptoms do sound like heart. May be you need to see a cartiologist (please over look spelling I wish this had spell check). Something isn't right.
Concerned
Ceya

Old 12-22-2002, 06:51 PM   #4

tonzie HB User
I totally understand your question. I have been suffering from chest pain for about a year now. It is not my heart. It could be the chest wall, but we just aren't sure. I have had exray, MRI, and angiogram...Just can't find out the reason my chest hurts. It hurts on the left side too. My left chest, my left shoulder, left side of almost my whole body. The pain comes and goes..It is not plurisy either. I have been thru so many tests to find the cause too. I am on pain meds because it sometimes gets so bad it is hard to even get out of bed. I did have shingles in the same area of chest a few years ago, and the Drs seem to think this could be a residual fro shingles. I understand that sometimes shingles can leave the pain after the rash has cleared up...Anyway, thanks for listening to my problems...I hope you do find out what is causing your problem..

Old 12-22-2002, 09:40 PM   #5

Vonnie1968 HB User
Bjorna
Just like everyone has said, you are never too young for heart problems. I thought the same thing until 2 weeks ago after my heart attack at the ripe old age of 33. My symptoms were chest and left arm pain and vomiting. If this dr wont take you seriously, pls see someone who will. Good luck!!
Yvonne

Old 12-27-2002, 09:24 PM   #6

FaithMerciful HB User
Exclamation

Make sure you get that checked out.. I had my first heart attack.. the one that I know about.. when I was 17....
so you're definitely not too young at all...
It could kill you... it almost did me in.
keep me posted.

------------------
pieces and mices,
~FaithMerciful~

Closed Thread