It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2002, 03:54 PM   #1

shasha HB User
Question prednisone

Hi again,
I called my Rhumy last week because I was having severe joint pain and other flare ups and not being diagnosed yet I thought he should know. He had me come in on thursday and after noticing my nosesores,joint pain, raynauds looking so bad and all my other stuff in a flare he finally is getting closer to my diagnosis. He put me on prednisone for 6 weeks. He said if it makes me feel like a new woman during the 6weeks and than after it gets out of my system and my symptoms return, he would feel more comfortable with diagnosing me and starting me on Plaqunil. What do you think of that? Also, is there any hidden secret on how not to gain weight from prednisone? Probably not.
Sha,

Old 12-27-2002, 09:05 PM   #2

FaithMerciful HB User
Cool

The weight gain is just gonna happen... just try not to eat so much.... or eat things that don't bring on so much fat, just to fill yourself up, so it doesn't hurt so much when your hungry..

It helped me...

Just be careful... cause now I have serious problems because of the Prednisone.... with my bones, my eye site, and my hearing...
I know you'll only be on it for 6 weeks, but be careful anyway..:O)

------------------
pieces and mices,
~FaithMerciful~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2002, 06:48 AM   #3

shasha HB User
Wink

Thank you for your response. I will definetly try to watch what I eat.
Have a great Day!!
Sha

Old 12-29-2002, 06:41 PM   #4

Ceya HB User
Wink

Hi,
I was on the celebrex, then Bextra for my joints, and my Rhem. put me on planquil in Nov. I had a flare and he called in the presidone (sp) only for two weeks. 4 pills, 3days, then 3 pills, 3 days, 2 pills 3days and then one for 3 days. I have gain alittle weight but not to much. I hope this can help. I am no doctor, but this is what mine has done for me. I think the bextra has helped my joints, the pred. has stopped my skin from burning so much. I am also worried about the wieght gain and side effects. Let me know how things go.
Ceya

Closed Thread